• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
No, AMD have said already they will NOT make the same mistake as nVidia, actually, they promised they wouldn't.
I can't see how they can make that claim. On Tech Deals podcast they revealed after speaking to just one of the AIB's they could have easily sold 500,000 3080's within a week and that was just one AIB. I have no doubts that AMD will get a lot of demand but I don't know how they can service that demand when their 7nm allocation is already having to service consoles, desktops, laptops, severs, HPC. Perhaps they have more 7nm allocation available to them but IMO any 6000 series card they make will sell out within hours if not minutes.

Associate
I can't see how they can make that claim. On Tech Deals podcast they revealed after speaking to just one of the AIB's they could have easily sold 500,000 3080's within a week and that was just one AIB. I have no doubts that AMD will get a lot of demand but I don't know how they can service that demand when their 7nm allocation is already having to service consoles, desktops, laptops, severs, HPC. Perhaps they have more 7nm allocation available to them but IMO any 6000 series card they make will sell out within hours if not minutes.

Nvidia has no cards so demand is higher than normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom