Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Man of Honour
@Megahurtz400 thats exactly what I had done. I’m Bristol based. The guy that did it was Nitin Patel - https://www.nuffieldhealth.com/consultants/mr-nitin-patel

He is the dog’s b!

In terms of my own experiences, I do still occasionally have a sensation in my back and legs but it’s far from pain. I was in quite considerable pain at all times before the surgery and that immediately ceased.

Stayed overnight in the hospital after it was done and was discharged the next day.

You’ll have to speak to a proper consultant as I’m certainly not medically trained, but I recall being told that it would probably heal by itself in 2-4 years. It’s surgery or waiting, with optional pain relief by way of injection.

One of the best decisions I ever made, absolutely worth it. However, I’m still a bit porky and unfit so you could say I’m squandering my circumstances.

Edit - be aware that you’ll need to pay an aneathatists (sp?) fee.

Good luck!

Soldato
@Megahurtz400 thats exactly what I had done. I’m Bristol based. The guy that did it was Nitin Patel - https://www.nuffieldhealth.com/consultants/mr-nitin-patel

He is the dog’s b!

In terms of my own experiences, I do still occasionally have a sensation in my back and legs but it’s far from pain. I was in quite considerable pain at all times before the surgery and that immediately ceased.

Stayed overnight in the hospital after it was done and was discharged the next day.

You’ll have to speak to a proper consultant as I’m certainly not medically trained, but I recall being told that it would probably heal by itself in 2-4 years. It’s surgery or waiting, with optional pain relief by way of injection.

One of the best decisions I ever made, absolutely worth it. However, I’m still a bit porky and unfit so you could say I’m squandering my circumstances and pushing my luck.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply mate!

https://www.suffolkandessexspine.co.uk/about-us

This is the consultant doing mine, seems to have plenty of academic and research published and plenty of letters after his name!

I'm awaiting on a quote from my consultant in the next few days. I'm the other side of the country but it'll work out cheaper to drive if it's half the price! :eek:

Does anyone know if you can haggle for private operations haha? On one hand the savings would be great, but on the other I don't mind paying to have the best fiddling around with my spinal column :p

Yeah I need this sorted ASAP so I can get back to work at full capacity and back to some kind of life where I can actually tidy the house without being bed bound for 3 days!

Cheers for the information mate! :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Thanks for the reply mate!

I'm awaiting on a quote from my consultant in the next few days. I'm the other side of the country but it'll work out cheaper to drive if it's half the price! :eek:

Does anyone know if you can haggle for private operations haha?

Yeah I need this sorted ASAP so I can get back to work at full capacity and back to some kind of life where I can actually tidy the house without being bed bound for 3 days!

Cheers for the information mate! :)
No worries. You might be best off sticking local - you certainly won’t be able to drive after the surgery and will probably need some assistance from others getting there and back. You’ll also need to see him beforehand and then a few weeks afterwards for a post-op assessment. Might be meagre gains.

I could also be completely misremembering the cost... pretty sure I’m not though and that it was sub £5k although it was with insurers so they will have no doubt been charged a load of extra bumf.

But I can say that it worked for me and I’m glad I had it done.

Edit - oh, and you certainly shouldn’t be doing any sort of lifting or bending for months afterwards, so prepare so several months or more before you get back to doing anything intensive.

Soldato
Microdiscectomy I believe! Was yours keyhole or open surgery? What part of the country are you in?

That's exactly what I had. Nitefly and I talked about it at the time of his I think.

I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but weight lifting will help you. I was in the same situation as you. I could barely walk some days. I definitely couldn't go and stand anywhere or go shopping. I couldn't stand for more than 10 minutes etc. I started weight lifting and strengthened my back. By the time my surgery came around, I'd gone from all that to feeling almost fine.

Honestly though, with the surgery you'll feel instantly better.

One tip I've seen about the cost of surgery, in the US at least, is to ask for an itemised bill and there was another term that I'm afraid I've forgotten, but it's the bill that insurance companies receive and not customers, which is inevitably cheaper. Having said that, £8k doesn't sound outrageous.

Associate
Got these on offer, Philips were doing two for £120 but their 50% off offer also worked, so were a bargain.

Takes my count to 9 white bulbs and 4 colour bulbs, I don't even have enough sockets for them all! Technically didn't pay a penny for any of the 9 white bulbs as they were all included with various smart devices.

50540600016_11b546bd6c_c.jpg

Soldato
No worries. You might be best off sticking local - you certainly won’t be able to drive after the surgery and will probably need some assistance from others getting there and back. You’ll also need to see him beforehand and then a few weeks afterwards for a post-op assessment. Might be meagre gains.

I could also be completely misremembering the cost... pretty sure I’m not though and that it was sub £5k although it was with insurers so they will have no doubt been charged a load of extra bumf.

But I can say that it worked for me and I’m glad I had it done.

Edit - oh, and you certainly shouldn’t be doing any sort of lifting or bending for months afterwards, so prepare so several months or more before you get back to doing anything intensive.

Yeah I don't think shopping around for the cheapest the most important thing here haha :p

Yeah, fully prepared for the rehab phase, haven't done any major lifting or bending for the past 6 months so used to it now!

That's exactly what I had. Nitefly and I talked about it at the time of his I think.

I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but weight lifting will help you. I was in the same situation as you. I could barely walk some days. I definitely couldn't go and stand anywhere or go shopping. I couldn't stand for more than 10 minutes etc. I started weight lifting and strengthened my back. By the time my surgery came around, I'd gone from all that to feeling almost fine.

Honestly though, with the surgery you'll feel instantly better.

One tip I've seen about the cost of surgery, in the US at least, is to ask for an itemised bill and there was another term that I'm afraid I've forgotten, but it's the bill that insurance companies receive and not customers, which is inevitably cheaper. Having said that, £8k doesn't sound outrageous.

Strengthening my core will be priority #1 once i'm at the point I can do it without needing to take time off work. Only 28 so hopefully recovery shouldn't be too awful and I can lose the extra kgs and keep that core strong! :)

Associate
Got these on offer, Philips were doing two for £120 but their 50% off offer also worked, so were a bargain.

Takes my count to 9 white bulbs and 4 colour bulbs, I don't even have enough sockets for them all! Technically didn't pay a penny for any of the 9 white bulbs as they were all included with various smart devices.

50540600016_11b546bd6c_c.jpg
I really need to check the power draw on the diddy little lights I have to see if I can replace them by way of adapter. I'd at least like my little armchair gaming corner to have these

Soldato
Strengthening my core will be priority #1 once i'm at the point I can do it without needing to take time off work. Only 28 so hopefully recovery shouldn't be too awful and I can lose the extra kgs and keep that core strong! :)

I was about 25 when I had mine done. Losing weight definitely helped too. I went to a gym and they set me up with a program that I could actually do despite the bad back, cycling etc. I think you'd be surprised how much better it feels when you can actually move.

Back
Top Bottom