• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.4%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Anyone buying a PS5 and not buying any of the launch games?
I've got God of War and Borderlands 3 games still in the wrapper which I haven't got around to playing yet so they will keep me busy for a while.
I’ve ordered miles morales to play. But like you I wanna play through borderlands 3 at 4k60fps as well. I also wanna try out the new Witcher 3 patch. So I’ll be playing a little of everything. I hope psn doesn’t crap itself on launch day :D

Soldato
It could be worse remember, the PS3 launched 4 months later in Europe. 4 months!

Anyone who complains about EU delays of hardware launches should be glad they weren't around in the 80s and 90s where it was normal to have to wait 12-24 months after the Japanese release for new Nintendo/Sega consoles!

Anyone buying a PS5 and not buying any of the launch games?

I haven't pre-ordered any yet! Can't decide what is any to go for. Demon's souls and the new call of duty game are probably the most appealing to me.

However I'm struggling with the idea of paying £60-70 for a single game! Might pick up some of the PS4 titles I haven't played so far like the last of us 2 before buying any ps5 titles!

Has anyone heard whether COD warzone will be available on PS5 at launch?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Anyone who complains about EU delays of hardware launches should be glad they weren't around in the 80s and 90s where it was normal to have to wait 12-24 months after the Japanese release for new Nintendo/Sega consoles!

I was given a Sega MegaDrive I guess some time in 1989 in Hong Kong, I immigrated in Oct 1991(or 90) and brought it with me. I had Sonic, Shinobi, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe etc. I remember going to school and another kid had a Sega machine and I went over to play and I saw the graphic and thought “that doesn’t look as good as mine” but I had no idea why, it was a Sega Master System. I also remember another kid going on about Commodore 64 or something being amazing, then I saw it and it had tapes and what was HUGE loading times and thought what is that? I had no idea at the time what I had, I just thought it was different consoles.

I must have been the only child in the UK with a Mega Drive at the time and a 60hz one too, running sonic on it was 20% faster than the subsequent 50hz EU version. The speed was obvious. By the time it came out here, I’ve already had my Mega Drive about 2 years.

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
I was given a Sega MegaDrive I guess some time in 1989 in Hong Kong, I immigrated in Oct 1991(or 90) and brought it with me. I had Sonic, Shinobi, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe etc. I remember going to school and another kid had a Sega machine and I went over to play and I saw the graphic and thought “that doesn’t look as good as mine” but I had no idea why, it was a Sega Master System. I also remember another kid going on about Commodore 64 or something being amazing, then I saw it and it had tapes and what was HUGE loading times and thought what is that? I had no idea at the time what I had, I just thought it was different consoles.

I must have been the only child in the UK with a Mega Drive at the time and a 60hz one too, running sonic on it was 20% faster than the subsequent 50hz EU version. The speed was obvious. By the time it came out here, I’ve already had my Mega Drive about 2 years.

I remember the rich kids having the SNES. While the average kids fawned all over them with Terminator 2 being big on it.

Soldato
The SNES console wasn't overly expensive, £150 at launch iirc, but many of the game cartridges were unfortunately.

Streetfighter 2 was £60 in 1993. Can you imagine asking your parents to pay the equivalent of £125 for a single game today! Just as well you could rent the games from blockbuster video!

And here I am complaining about demon's souls costing £70 :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
The SNES console wasn't overly expensive, £150 at launch iirc, but many of the game cartridges were unfortunately.

Streetfighter 2 was £60 in 1993. Can you imagine asking your parents to pay the equivalent of £125 for a single game today! Just as well you could rent the games from blockbuster video!

And here I am complaining about demon's souls costing £70 :D

I think it was like £130 and it came with Mario World in the box with 2 pads.

edit - found my games, don’t have the SNES anymore though! (I might pick one up next time I am in Japan)

That’s the Jap version of SF2 (I forgot I had that)

cYRj4GK.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it was like £130 and it came with Mario World in the box with 2 pads.

edit - found my games, don’t have the SNES anymore though! (I might pick one up next time I am in Japan)

That’s the Jap version of SF2 (I forgot I had that)

cYRj4GK.jpg

Very cool :cool:

I remember one of my friends has the Japanese import version of sf2turbo before it released in the UK.

He paid about £100 for it back in 1993! That'd be £205 in 2020 :eek:

As above good to see that you can order the PSVR camera adapter now. Shame they couldn't just have bundled it in the box with the PS5 though! Signed up for my one.

https://camera-adaptor.support.playstation.com/en-gb

Back
Top Bottom