• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I'm not all that surprised that the new cards come with more memory than Nvidia's, they usually do. Very exciting product line-up... I'm not sure which one I'll go for but one of those three high-end cards in the video, that's for sure. :cool:

Associate
42365032.jpg

I know it depends on what CPUs the GPUs are paired with, but for instance the Modern Warefare framerates don't seem to be accurate for the RTX 3080? I've seen much higher FPS on various CPUs paired with it. I know these graphs are meant to show the best results from AMD, but I feel like a few of these are off.

Associate
I mean gonna have to wait for proper reviews to see what numbers they used and how good compared in RT but looks great, especially clever tying them into the CPU's

Soldato
Glad to see AMD back in the game but remember 2 things:

1) No answer to DLSS
2) AMD have always over exaggerated performance numbers, wait for reviews.

I do believe Nvidia need to drop the price of the 3090 though lol :D

Associate
I'm no AMD or NVidia fanboy, but those 6900XT charts are with Rage mode (so overclocked) compared with stock 3090

Even stock I think a saving of £500 would be worth the small gap in performance. There is 10-15% difference between a 3080 and 3090, 6900XT is likely only 5-10% away from a 3090 at worst.

Soldato
With the console market too, it was clear from the presentation AMD will significantly benefit from the cross platform optimisations.

True to form, driver improvements over the coming months, coupled with the shared platform optimisations, will no doubt ensure a great long term gaming experience per £ and per W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom