• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato

This is going to sell even though it's higher then I would have thought they would have charged for it. But it still look like they charged another $50 more.

These are the cards AMD will release later on.

However, I see this as the coup de grace. Now there is an absolute reason why you want an AMD build with Zen 3 and RX 6000 series. I've said it multiple times in the other thread that AMD is selling your a Gaming Ecosystem. And now that we see that it comes with performance benefit it's hard to pass that up for an Intel CPU moving forward.

This doesn't look like the die shot from Coretek.

This looks like a beefy HSF combo similiar to what you would find on Sapphire Nitro cards.

Infinity Cache

Soldato
I'll be sticking with my 3080 queue after that. Possibly equivalent performance, no RT details and it's the same price. No incentive for me to move over sadly.

The 6GB of extra VRAM?

Every single gaming platform for next gen (PS5, XSX, AMD GPUs all are packing more VRAM than the 3080 now). Its pretty obvious where this is going to go. You'll have to adjust textures down from photorealistic to... well high or medium.. and thats now what we pay top dollar for in PC gaming IMO.

Soldato
I just want to see the 6800 UK pricing and a 3070 comparison.

Every single gaming platform for next gen (PS5, XSX, AMD GPUs all are packing more VRAM than the 3080 now). Its pretty obvious where this is going to go. You'll have to adjust textures down from photorealistic to... well high or medium.. and thats now what we pay top dollar for in PC gaming IMO.

That's not true though. The Series X has 16GB of memory but only 10GB of that it dedicated to graphics, the S has 10GB total with 8GB for graphics.

Soldato
We also have no idea about RT performance. Not a single mention of it either.

This is why I'm questioning why everyone is getting excited "aaahhhh....6900XT is an 3090 killer and cheaper!!!!!" Yeah, until you switch on RT and lets be honest. Even with the next gen consoles, that's all they have been talking about is RT.

So I think AMD are not giving the whole story.

Soldato
This is why I'm questioning why everyone is getting excited "aaahhhh....6900XT is an 3090 killer and cheaper!!!!!" Yeah, until you switch on RT and lets be honest. Even with the next gen consoles, that's all they have been talking about is RT.

So I think AMD are not giving the whole story.
I have no care for RT, just nice to see a seriously quick card from AMD. 6800XT looks banging.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Where does this leave your preorder now mate? I'm thinking in a few weeks I might end up cancelling to be fair and see if Nvidia release something with more vram.

It's a shame I have a Gysnc only monitor.
I am not bothered about the vram, I made my position clear on that in the 10gb thread, nothing has changed. Sure 16gb is much better, especially if one intends to keep it for longer, but I am primarily buying a GPU for Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2 and Bloodline 2. They all either have RT or/and DLSS. Plus I have a G-Sync monitor. So my pre-order will stay.

That said, I am extremely happy to see AMD back in the game. I never keep my GPU's to for too long, so no doubt I will be back on AMD again soon enough. At least now I know they have something to offer me at 4K :D

Hopefully RDNA2 GPU's do well in reviews also. I want to see AMD do well and grab a lot of market share from Nvidia.

There were some people on this forum saying AMD would not even be able to take on a 2080Ti and I pointed it out to them how ridiculous that was about a year ago. Wonder what they are thinking now :p:D

Soldato
Given the price of the 3090 I think the 6900XT looks a good buy if you have that kind of money to spend. All a bit too rich for me but still good to see some competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom