• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Because 6 months later they fixed it...
I think the drivers was crap for about a year.

Utter nonsense, i bought my Powercolor Red Devil the week it become available adn have NEVER once had an issue with drivers, i think the people having issues with cards probably had other issues in their rig that was impacting on it. AMD Drivers have been solid for me now for years, on my 5700XT, Vega 64, 290 etc

Soldato
The 6GB of extra VRAM?

Every single gaming platform for next gen (PS5, XSX, AMD GPUs all are packing more VRAM than the 3080 now). Its pretty obvious where this is going to go. You'll have to adjust textures down from photorealistic to... well high or medium.. and thats now what we pay top dollar for in PC gaming IMO.

Given that no game out there uses 10Gb of VRAM then I can't see it being an issue for a few years. Plus I had a 5700XT for a week, it was terrible so I went back to my 1070. I think that everyone in here is getting so swept up in the hype that there will only be disappointment once the benchmarks come out.

Associate
Right to summarise this and break it down:

1) 6900XT at $999 with direct smart memory access, rage ( ie overclocked ) no RT enabled 16GB of ram can just about beat 3090RTX which is $1500 24gb in a couple of cherry picked AMD console ports. And its out in 8th of DEC

2) 6800XT at $649 with direct smart memory access, no RT 16GB of ram can just about beat 10GB 3080RTX which is $699 10gb in a couple of cherry picked AMD. console ports. Out on 18 NOV

It good but it aint great. 6900XT with just 8 less CU over 6800XT is overpriced.

6800XT is good buy. probably my next card.

Associate
I am not bothered about the vram, I made my position clear on that in the 10gb thread, nothing has changed. Sure 16gb is much better, especially if one intends to keep it for longer, but I am primarily buying a GPU for Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2 and Bloodline 2. They all either have RT or/and DLSS. Plus I have a G-Sync monitor. So my pre-order will stay.

That said, I am extremely happy to see AMD back in the game. I never keep my GPU's to for too long, so no doubt I will be back on AMD again soon enough. At least now I know they have something to offer me at 4K :D

Hopefully RDNA2 GPU's do well in reviews also. I want to see AMD do well and grab a lot of market share from Nvidia.

There were some people on this forum saying AMD would not even be able to take on a 2080Ti and I pointed it out to them how ridiculous that was about a year ago. Wonder what they are thinking now :p:D

Yup 3080 still looks good :)

Soldato
I am not bothered about the vram, I made my position clear on that in the 10gb thread, nothing has changed. Sure 16gb is much better, especially if one intends to keep it for longer, but I am primarily buying a GPU for Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light 2 and Bloodline 2. They all either have RT or/and DLSS. Plus I have a G-Sync monitor. So my pre-order will stay.

That said, I am extremely happy to see AMD back in the game. I never keep my GPU's to for too long, so no doubt I will be back on AMD again soon enough. At least now I know they have something to offer me at 4K :D

Hopefully RDNA2 GPU's do well in reviews also. I want to see AMD do well and grab a lot of market share from Nvidia.

There were some people on this forum saying AMD would not even be able to take on a 2080Ti and I pointed it out to them how ridiculous that was about a year ago. Wonder what they are thinking now :p:D

I think Nvidia are gonna have to react to this. 16GB vram across the entire stack from AMD is significant. Unless I am mistaken on that fact.

Caporegime
I bet the gouge glove is being prepared now..

Oh i fully expect the usual cavalcade of excuses to be ready for launch day. When's the last time we got a launch that didn't have some shenanigans with pricing "fluctuations" based on bs? And frankly i'm bored of reading it, "we bought these at a higher price, pound vs dollar, supply and demand, brexit, exchange rate". Funny how every single one of these always goers in favour of the retailer, when's the last time a card was launched for a few quid less because of the above reasons? Never happened.

Soldato
This is why I'm questioning why everyone is getting excited "aaahhhh....6900XT is an 3090 killer and cheaper!!!!!" Yeah, until you switch on RT and lets be honest. Even with the next gen consoles, that's all they have been talking about is RT.

So I think AMD are not giving the whole story.
Because I DON"T CARE ABOUT RT!

Soldato
I wonder how many 30 series orders are being canceled right now.
I would guess that it's not enough to rebalance the current supply/demand equation for GPU's but enough to hover up all the initial supply of RX 6000.

The mindset of the some of the Nvidia buyers though........I don't want to be rude but the ignorance of people who stick loyally to Nvidia is akin to iPhone users. There was one thread on here about a month ago where this guy thought Nvidia should give cashback to 2080 Ti buyers just because the RTX 3080 cratered the 2nd hand values of 2080 Ti's :o. How does any one company hope overcome such ignorance?

Soldato
Utter nonsense, i bought my Powercolor Red Devil the week it become available adn have NEVER once had an issue with drivers, i think the people having issues with cards probably had other issues in their rig that was impacting on it. AMD Drivers have been solid for me now for years, on my 5700XT, Vega 64, 290 etc

Same card, same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom