• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Interesting, the 6800XT is very attractive, I hate nvidia price gouging, but when it comes to offloading workloads to the GPU (stats, video, photo editing) nvidia sadly slaughter AMD in this regard :(
Going to hold off until I see some posts from other users on how AMD perform on this, I so hope they have upped their game as Im sick of being bled for this...
Well done AMD for good pricing and showing nvidia up

Soldato
When people step back a bit, they'll realise that the performance figures are dependant on specific hardware that they don't have and may not intend to purchase, and rage mode which may or may not turn the GPU into a space heater.

The 6800 wipes the floor with the 3070 but could have been priced a bit keener.

The 6800XT trades blows with the 3080 and without the hardware caveats I think might actually fall short.

The 6900XT is a no brainer v the 3090.

Soldato
Damn, I'm very impressed by the performance of the RX 6000 series, AMD have basically caught up with Nvidia, at least according to their presentation.

The infinity cache thing seems quite promising.

Less happy with the pricing, not sure its worth it, considering the price of the RTX 3070 is $499. AMD's RX 6800 should beat it, but I think they are being greedy tbh, not pricing it at the same level.

Some forum members were saying it's not the same budget focused AMD anymore, looks like they were right.

Soldato
What's weird is how there's going to be this pretty huge gap between the 6800 and 6700 XT, if rumours are true but the 6800 is hardly any cheaper than the 6800 XT. A well priced RTX 3060 that sits between them could give AMD a headache.

Associate
This is why I'm questioning why everyone is getting excited "aaahhhh....6900XT is an 3090 killer and cheaper!!!!!" Yeah, until you switch on RT and lets be honest. Even with the next gen consoles, that's all they have been talking about is RT.

So I think AMD are not giving the whole story.

Even the 3080 doesn't do RT great, personally rather have 165hz no RTT vs 60fps with RT on.

RT is not going to be a truly positive value until next gen cards for me at least.

Associate
AMD will have their own DLSS, something like SuperResolution, open to all , plus it will be used on XBOX, so should be well made.

Associate
Bit more expensive than I thought, 3070/3070ti and 3080 will still outsell these massively,

they've just matched Nvidia in raster with a $50 discount on the 6800xt, same as the 5700xt.

$499 6800 and $599 6800xt would have gained AMD massive mindshare

Soldato
Right to summarise this and break it down:

1) 6900XT at $999 with direct smart memory access, rage ( ie overclocked ) no RT enabled 16GB of ram can just about beat 3090RTX which is $1500 24gb in a couple of cherry picked AMD console ports. And its out in 8th of DEC

2) 6800XT at $649 with direct smart memory access, no RT 16GB of ram can just about beat 10GB 3080RTX which is $699 10gb in a couple of cherry picked AMD. console ports. Out on 18 NOV

It good but it aint great. 6900XT with just 8 less CU over 6800XT is overpriced.

6800XT is good buy. probably my next card.

The 6900XT is the best buy, check out these 3090 prices https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/graphics-cards/nvidia/geforce-rtx-3090 now tell me $999 isn't a good price when the performance is competitive...

I can't afford either but relatively speaking, in the current market, the 6900XT looks good.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Yup 3080 still looks good :)
Yep :)

It is obvious now why Nvidia priced it like that, if no competition it would have been a lot more expensive.

I think Nvidia are gonna have to react to this. 16GB vram across the entire stack from AMD is significant. Unless I am mistaken on that fact.
Yeah, I am happy to see AMD push 16gb. At least we now know for next gen that will be the minimum to expect. 16gb is now the new 8gb :D

Man of Honour
First time anyone has ever said that, isn't it?

Absolutely, but Nvidia paper launched a card they couldn’t actually sell, which was clearly due to panic as they knew AMD were about to deliver a good performer.

And now all those stuck in queues or waiting for stock will have seen this launch and I’d imagine will question whether they want to wait months for their nvidia card or pay the same or even less for the same performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom