• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
5600X and 6800XT (or even a 6800). Take my money AMD. Keep me going for another 2-3 years at 1440p gaming and then upgrade to RDNA3 and AM5 or whatever we may have, and finally make the move up to 4K. Happy with that. Can't wait to see some benchmarks and reviews. 16GB RAM, good form factor, 300W and under TBP. AMD nailed it. :)

Soldato
Absolutely, but Nvidia paper launched a card they couldn’t actually sell, which was clearly due to panic as they knew AMD were about to deliver a good performer.

And now all those stuck in queues or waiting for stock will have seen this launch and I’d imagine will question whether they want to wait months for their nvidia card or pay the same or even less for the same performance

A few will but the mindshare is too great, some people will never leave Intel or Nvidia, especially Nvidia..."it just works" :rolleyes:

Soldato
Love it. I feel vindicated as an AMD fanboi :p time to prep the Vega 64 for retirement.

What do I need for a reliable (ish) maxed out 100fps+ at 1440p uw? Looks like the 6800XT might be enough?

Curious if SMA can work with a 5000 series CPU on an older X470 mobo... I'm sure the board manufacturers will find a way to screw us :(

Slightly miffed at there not being any 6700 SKUs yet, as was planning to get one for my GF who is still rocking my old R9 380! Guessing this has something to do with using their limited TSMC capacity for the highest margin products, and/or some sort of non-compete agreement with their console contracts (i.e. buyers of mid range GPUs may be more likely to get a new console instead).

Associate
When people step back a bit, they'll realise that the performance figures are dependant on specific hardware that they don't have and may not intend to purchase, and rage mode which may or may not turn the GPU into a space heater.

The 6800 wipes the floor with the 3070 but could have been priced a bit keener.

The 6800XT trades blows with the 3080 and without the hardware caveats I think might actually fall short.

The 6900XT is a no brainer v the 3090.

The initial 6800XT comparison was with the hardware features turned off. The second slide was with them on. With them off it trades blows... on it's a wipeout.

Soldato
https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/28...pecs-release-date-price-big-navi-gpu-graphics

While AMD is promising to go head to head with Nvidia in 4K gaming and more, the one big missing piece of this battle is a lack of an equivalent to Nvidia’s DLSS. Nvidia’s AI-powered super sampling technology has been transformative for the games that support it, bringing great image quality and higher frame rates by simply toggling a game setting.

AMD tells me it has a new super sampling feature in testing, which is designed to increase performance during ray tracing. The company is promising its super sampling technology will be open and cross-platform, which means it could come to next-gen consoles like the Xbox Series X and PS5. AMD is working with a number of partners on this technology, and it’s expecting strong industry support. Unfortunately, this won’t be ready for the launch of these three new Radeon RX 6000 Series cards.

Interesting so they do have something planned but wasnt ready to show for the launch announcement for a dlss equivalent.

Associate
Bit more expensive than I thought, 3070/3070ti and 3080 will still outsell these massively,

they've just matched Nvidia in raster with a $50 discount on the 6800xt, same as the 5700xt.

$499 6800 and $599 6800xt would have gained AMD massive mindshare

Don't get it, you say they matched performance and are cheaper? Im sorry the problem is where?

Associate
As i said, try buying one, the nvidia store has been out of stock since a second after the supposed "launch" and the only info on availability is for third party cards so they're the ones people are going for which obviously cost more.
Let's not over-exaggerate, difficult or hard to get hold of maybe but not impossible. Quite a few added to the RoH in the last week.
It actually seems to easier to get an FE card compared to a lot of AIB models which seems crazy.

Caporegime
Amusing how the tables have turned, Nvidia announce the 3 series and people **** a brick. AMD reveal their plans and all we see is "ZOMG AMD WHY ARE YOU WAITING SO LONG WTF". Fast forward a few weeks, the 30 series launch was a disaster of Biblical proportions, zero stock, scalpers everywhere and scarce availability details. Looks to me like AMD planned their launch well whereas Nvidia just sharted out a few cards after maybe 3 weeks of production in an obvious panic as they knew what was coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom