• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
And the 3090 can’t do 8K at playable frame rates. Don’t be fooled in to believing that hilarious marketing gimmick they pulled

Nvidia lives of people not using their brains... literally...

90% of people do not even game at 4k as really 1440p is optimal so let alone 8k really.

I like the price of the 3090 competitors fact of the 3070 is borderline, they should have released same price with more Vram, 8GB is a joke, literally, people will be disappointed as soon as games optimized for PS5 come out and your £500 card won't game as good as a £500 full system...

Caporegime
Let's not over-exaggerate, difficult or hard to get hold of maybe but not impossible. Quite a few added to the RoH in the last week.
It actually seems to easier to get an FE card compared to a lot of AIB models which seems crazy.

If you're willing to pay well over the odds or enter into a random lottery of a waiting game then maybe.

Soldato
Associate
So same price, same perf win some lose some and no RT benches ( obviously worse than nvidia otherwise they would have showed them as well ) and no answer to DLSS.

And i bet the fanboys are already praising it lol.

Caporegime
You know what would be really funny?

Nvidia do some damage control price cuts or release ti versions of their cards, then just before the actual release of AMDs new cards they go "Oh btw, here is our DLSS style solution"

Shame there isn't a realistic upgrade path for my £300 5700, no doubt the 6700 will be like £450

Soldato
The initial 6800XT comparison was with the hardware features turned off. The second slide was with them on. With them off it trades blows... on it's a wipeout.

I'll wait and see when the dust settles. I'm intending to drop a 5000 series CPU into my rig, so might trade my 3080 for one of these AMD offerings at the start of next year. I'm just not convinced the margins are worth it, but happy to sit back and see.

One thing's for sure, if I didn't have one already then I wouldn't be sitting in a queue for any of the NV 30xx cards after today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom