• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
the issue is now Nvidia release a 3070 Ti beating the 6800 and falling just a bit behind the 6800XT by 10% or so priced at £550 and most people will buy Nvidia because... well Nvidia.

And if those benchmarks of the 6900xt are with the card in some sort of OC mode, then I expect a 3080 Ti 12gb to match it and all Nvidia have to do is price it the same as previous Titan cards.. then that'll sell more no doubt..

Permabanned
One thing got me interested
ElbktqCUcAA0VWb.jpg

If You are not on PCIE4.0 wont performance get BIG HIT with amd's new design ??

Associate
Wonder what CPU there benching the GPU with.
Looks like the benches were done on a 5900X
I know it depends on what CPUs the GPUs are paired with, but for instance the Modern Warefare framerates don't seem to be accurate for the RTX 3080? I've seen much higher FPS on various CPUs paired with it. I know these graphs are meant to show the best results from AMD, but I feel like a few of these are off.
test system for all graphs was Ryzen 5900X with 16GB DDR4-3200 memory. Not peak performance memory wise, but not any slower than Intel.

RX 6900XT vs RTX3090 graph I liked the least. Basically Rage mode means its no longer 300W + needing smart memory bonus means its strictly slower than 3090. And there is not much room between 3090 and 3080.

Soldato
It's been a long time I've been this excited about GPUs, if AMD's claims are true then Nvidia finally has some competition. Hopefully UK prices aren't too high, I'm on the fence between the 3070 and 6800 depending on performance and pricing.

Associate
What was that about? Missed this
After the CPU launch i suggested that maybe the GPU demo was not using the top card. He basically belittled me stating Newegg as the source saying it would be their top card and there could not be anything faster based on specs. I dont really mind but his attitude was so poor i had to take the opportunity to remind him

Associate
Amusing how the tables have turned, Nvidia announce the 3 series and people **** a brick. AMD reveal their plans and all we see is "ZOMG AMD WHY ARE YOU WAITING SO LONG WTF". Fast forward a few weeks, the 30 series launch was a disaster of Biblical proportions, zero stock, scalpers everywhere and scarce availability details. Looks to me like AMD planned their launch well whereas Nvidia just sharted out a few cards after maybe 3 weeks of production in an obvious panic as they knew what was coming.

+1 100% agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom