Cyberpunk 2077

Soldato
They apologised for an oversight and released a press announcement immediately clarifying the position to end speculation.

At the end of the day yes they are human beings, they do make mistakes but more importantly they at least own up to it. Other companies/devs now a days couldn't care less about the consumer and will just release any old crap (aka Fifa/Cod/BF etc).

I get you booked time off and its annoying but if you can't change the date then that is your issue, not theirs.

CDPR clearly want to release a product that is a true representation of their efforts and if it isn't up to their extremely high standard then they are totally within their rights to push it back a few weeks. This is despite previously saying they had no more delays - the old cliche of never say never again comes to mind however, if they have found something extremely game breaking then I'd sure as hell rather they take the time to fix that and or fully test the game on the 9 platforms it is releasing on than tarnish what is shaping up to be game of the century.

I didn't say it was, I get that a risk is there when booking tome off for game release, I'm just disappointed because after the weekend Im very busy and can't book any more time off this year.
Was just looking forward to these dates to relax and play this.
Its more the social media tweets thats got me. Curious has a game thats gone gold ever been delayed before?

Also I guess the 9 platforms has made it even more difficult for them, I really think they should have not bothered with Stadia though, I mean you can count the number of people that play that on one hand:D

Soldato
They fell into the trap - they should have under promised, over delivered.

Working in a service area, you never guarantee a time/sla for something - it'll be done when it's done. Or, we don't see any delays being made currently, however things can change. :D

Soldato
While it is disappointing it’s being delayed, death threats are totally unacceptable. :/ the poor devs, I do feel sorry for them. Deadlines don’t always go as planned, and it’s only an extra 21 days on what’s been like an 8 year wait.

Soldato
Jeeah. If i received a death threat every time a piece of software i was working on was delayed, well, id have a lot of death threats.....

People take this stuff way too seriously. But then i know these days, gaming can be a far more important escape than ever - it's why I'm back here after a long hiatus.

The gaming community has plenty to fall back on though without such negative reaction

Soldato
Jeeah. If i received a death threat every time a piece of software i was working on was delayed, well, id have a lot of death threats.....

People take this stuff way too seriously. But then i know these days, gaming can be a far more important escape than ever - it's why I'm back here after a long hiatus.

The gaming community has plenty to fall back on though without such negative reaction
Welcome back ! What’re you going for ps5 or XsX?

Soldato
They fell into the trap - they should have under promised, over delivered.

Working in a service area, you never guarantee a time/sla for something - it'll be done when it's done. Or, we don't see any delays being made currently, however things can change. :D

In fairness it was due out in three weeks and it's been delayed by three more, that's a pretty short time frame. They can't just release it the day it's done, there are supply chains and marketing campaigns to coordinate too.

Soldato
In fairness it was due out in three weeks and it's been delayed by three more, that's a pretty short time frame. They can't just release it the day it's done, there are supply chains and marketing campaigns to coordinate too.
I mean the tweets where people were asking 'so, definitely no more delays, it's coming out on xx date, yes?' and they responded with 'Yes, confirmed'. :(

The correct answer should have been: 'Currently that is the release date, we do not envisage further delays, however this is not guaranteed.' :D

Soldato
Death threats? Seriously? It’s 21 days. The gaming community is toxic as hell.

The thing is, it's only a tiny minority of a minority of toxic gamers, and I'd wager basically none of those mean it.... they just wanted to say something awful for the sake of it. It doesn;t make it right of course, but it's hardly representative of the community.

Soldato
Any guesses how the xbox series x version will stack up to a pc running a 1080Ti? GPU power between the two is similar.

Best guess? Series X and PS5 are getting the Xbox One/PS4 version at launch. So there's a good chance the PC version will be better. But there's an enhanced version for Series X/S, PS5 and PC coming at a later date (probably next year), at which point the more powerful consoles will almost certainly outperform a 1080 Ti equipped PC.

Soldato
It shouldn't be, unless you meant to write 2080Ti.

I thought the xbox series x was around the level of a 2080 which is similar to a 1080ti, minus any raytracing?

Best guess? Series X and PS5 are getting the Xbox One/PS4 version at launch. So there's a good chance the PC version will be better. But there's an enhanced version for Series X/S, PS5 and PC coming at a later date (probably next year), at which point the more powerful consoles will almost certainly outperform a 1080 Ti equipped PC.

Thanks. Shame its not getting the update on release. I might just stick to my pc preorder.

Soldato
I thought the xbox series x was around the level of a 2080 which is similar to a 1080ti, minus any raytracing?

Might not be far out.

The leaked RX 6800 benchmarks suggest that card is only a little more powerful than a 3070, and therefore roughly equivalent to a 2080 Ti. If that turns out to be correct, then Series X is somewhat less powerful than a 2080 Ti, and probably more in-line with a 2080 or 1080 Ti. But when you consider that the Xbox One X has a GPU that falls between an RX 580 and RX 590, the idea that GPU specs are relevant when comparing console and PC game performance starts to fall apart :p

Soldato
To be honest, I'd forgotten the 1080Ti was actually as powerful as the 2080. I thought it was lower down, so you're probably about right. As for Cyberpunk performance, much harder to tell as McPhee highlights, there's a tonne of other factors playing their parts.

Back
Top Bottom