• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
If you want 100+ FPS at 1440p you'll need a 6800XT/3800. Just look at the charts AMD showed. Some games already well below the 120-144Hz mark on a 6800XT :p

I really don't like the talk that 3080 etc is "a 4k card". Sure it's the best card for 4K, but it's not exactly overkill for high refresh at lower resolutions. In fact it's pretty necessary if you want 100+ FPS in all your games.

drop a setting or two, and your fine with no visual difference when you game.
its how it works

Soldato
Really? In a handful of games?

Thats insane. Have you used RT?

I have and I'm honestly not at all that impressed given my FPS plummets to sub 60 at times. And even if it doesn't, I'd in most circumstances prefer 80-120fps over hovering around 60.

PC Gamers are so funny. We all want high FPS high resolution gaming until NVIDIA tells us no we want raytraced shadows now :D

Exactly feel its for next gen not this gen just kills to much fps still

Soldato
Yeah. If 3090 is 1500, and the 6900XT is same or similar performance within 5% margin, the card should be 200 pounds max.
AMD so evil overpricing their cards by only reducing the price compared to competitor card by 33%.

It could definitely not be that NVIDIA have overpriced their cards right?
I'm not saying that 3900 is good price ,just comparison is bad , 3090 is crap value . But I was hoping for something more or cheaper from 6800xt. There for I'll be waiting for 3080 tuf oc

Soldato
Maybe I'm looking at it with green tinted glasses as someone in the 3080 queue but I wasn't blown away. I do think they look good - albeit the more impressive numbers come with the SAM compatibility and Rage Mode, and I think a ray tracing deep dive was conspicuous by its absence - but my main hope is that this serious competition lights a fire under Nvidia as far as production goes. How many will cancel their 3080s to pick up a 68/900XT I wonder? Good to have some proper competition in the GPU space all the same.

A shed load if they keep shipping out abysmal numbers.

Associate
Nvidia are on a cheaper Samsung 8nm node. But yeah performance is great but pricing is a bit spicy.
6800xt should be £500 tops.
6700xt should be £350-400 tops.
A whole PS5 costs £450 with a 4K blu-ray player.

4k cards basically, the 6700xt may be priced resonable and offers the ultimate balance for 1440p players

Soldato
I'm not saying that 3900 is good price ,just comparison is bad , 3090 is crap value . But I was hoping for something more or cheaper from 6800xt. There for I'll be waiting for 3080 tuf oc

So the 6800Xt with 6GB of more VRAM at a similar price point to the 3080TUF OC is bad value...
But you're happy to buy a 3080TUF?

I do not follow the logic. People want AMD to give their GPUs out for free, despite having more VRAM, likely will age far better and have comparative performance; but they want NVIDIA to continue with their current pricing scheme? Okay...

Permabanned
So, the AMD pricing is 'spicy' but NVIDIA's pricing is not 'spicy'?

If you are adjusting AMD's prices, can you also post price adjustments for NVIDIAs? Taking into account as you stated, NVIDIA use a cheaper node.
No dude I didn’t say that I said prices are too spicy. Amd are just following Nvidia’s pricing. They both need to come down.

Soldato
No dude I didn’t say that I said prices are too spicy. Amd are just following Nvidia’s pricing. They both need to come down.

ah fair enough.

reading too many posts saying 'amd too expensive'... 2 lines down .. 'going to buy more expensive nvidia card'.

im like wtf lol

Associate
So to get the best out off these cards I need to change my CPU and motherboard aswell that makes it very expensive, will be interesting to see the benchmarks on the gains from zen3 compared to intel.

Associate
Im tempted to try my luck and grab a 3070FE tomorrow, failing that il get either a 6800 or 6800XT. If the 3070FE proves to be vram limited (not saying it will, or if its not looking good on paper), ill sell it and switch directly to AMD.

That being said, what about the 6700/XT? Wheres the info on that one AMD?

Caporegime
Currently using a 3950X and a Radeon VII. Planning to sell my 3950X and...

Think i will switch to either a 5800X or perhaps a 5900X (If I'm feeling frivolous) and a 6800XT.

6900XT is really tempting, but I'm going for the cost effective option for slightly less performance i think. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom