When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
So today I had my home Pod-Point charger installed and I got my VIN & Reg number confirmed on the Polestar website. Not long to wait now :)

50537458367_6b23b0c88c_n.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
As such I think I'm just going to go mad and run two cars - Think I'm set on getting a Polestar 2 through a business contract hire (0% BIK) and then PCH on a poverty spec Octavia Estate for long-range stuff, camping holidays, trips out with the dogs etc.

Those two cars still comes in at less per month than the EQC or Model S I was looking at!
we had thought you were minted
you can share your two passions and test-drive a Skoda Enyaq , similar, dog-sized, boot 600l(p2 400), as octavia estate, exterior look equally elegant as P2 ?

OOI - new corsa-e tv adverts boasting 48 hour test drive .

Caporegime
Why would you think I was minted driving a 2.0 litre E Class?

Enyaq looks perfect (in practice), but the list of options you would actually want on the car is ridiculous - £400 for heated front seats? £1000+ for Matrix headlights? £1000 for a heat pump! It doesn't even come with a reversing camera in the top spec one.

Caporegime
Even with 0% Bik an EQC is 65K new , average new car prices are some £35K -

I hadn't realised skoda, like vw, are miserly on the options -
After reading an article on id3 heatpumps https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=393&t=58265&start=50
if you are able to pre-warm the car (daytime rates - yes) their benefit may not be so great, unless you live up North.

As I mentioned, it would have been a business contract hire.

It's basically renting a car for a few years.

Soldato
So today I had my home Pod-Point charger installed and I got my VIN & Reg number confirmed on the Polestar website. Not long to wait now :)
Funny that, mine came through too today.

Chased up with the leasing company as wanted to see if they’ve had any info further than me as Polestar told me Jan the other day!

My MDs EQC comes in next week, hoping my P2 wont be long...

Soldato
you can share your two passions and test-drive a Skoda Enyaq
P2, unlike model 3, does look as though it has a high up/suv driving position, so, will have same aerodynamic hit as the much more spacious Enyaq,
at which point you have, just, the better interior build, maybe ICE, and, not least, seat comfort as P2 advantages.

Caporegime
P2 range is basically little over 200 miles from what I've seen from owners, nowhere near the 292 mile WLTP range.

The EPA range is a lot more accurate.

But that's not a problem if you have an ICE car for longer journeys.

Last edited:
Soldato
presumably insurance doesn't pay out for those Auto Pilot addicted tesla drivers .
... although, as russinating begs, maybe tesla share responsibility until they push out the fw, for the driver facing camera interlock.

Soldato
Isn't it well documented (including in the car manual) that auto pilot that it doesn't stop for stationary objects?

I also don't think the interior facing camera is correctly positioned to see if a driver is looking at the road or not, its in the rear view mirror and looks at the interior generally rather than at the driver.

As for insurance, why wouldn't they pay? The driver is legally in charge of the vehicle.

they'd pay, but, if you are driving wthout due care and attention, indeed any criminal offence, can't the insurance company sue you if there are excessive public liability costs, issue has been discussed in earlier threads.

They will pay out third party, not necessarily for the policy holders own loss in cases of fraud basically.
Cases of dangerous driving are not valid reasons for voiding a policy, which is what your talking about.
The ins co pays the 3rd party claim (they are forced to) but due to extreme circumstances they will void the policy and then go after the (now ex) policy holder via the courts for their money they have been forced to pay.
Its really actually quite rare, whats far more likely is they will void the policy and the (now ex) owner should declare this on any quote for a new policy which will result in lots of declines from insurers, and probably no online quoting engine will actually return a premium, most will need some human intervention.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
I wish BMW had useles something wider than bicycle tyres on the back of the i3. Sliding around is fun and all, but I wish I could just accelerate briskly without it squirming around everywhere and the DSC cutting in in these conditions...

Back
Top Bottom