• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-6800

https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-6800-xt

https://www.amd.com/en/products/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-6900-xt

Think adjusting the urls i found these, as not sure there suppose to show on amd site yet as no mention of 6xx series on amd graphics section i clicked on. Shows the cooler in parts, has specs, and tech info.

Edit - nvm if u go on the homepage theres a link then another link to these pages, heres the homepage as well i might as well put.

https://www.amd.com/en/graphics/amd-radeon-rx-6000-series

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Humbug deserves a lot of credit and I'm expecting a few grovelling apologies (who am i kidding? :D) from a few users. All hail the bug!

(note to Bug, don't forget to update your CBR20 thread :p)
Not many here that are that type to be honest. They just disappear for a while or stick you on ignore and carry on. Lol.

The real question is, which of these GPU's is humbug buying? Can't be driving the hype train and then not buying one, even worse rocking an Nvidia GPU. Haha.

Caporegime
Those 6900XT clocks are utterly monstrous, @humbug wild calculations were correct and widely laughed at on the forum and beyond the expectations of pretty much everyone.

It makes the £1,700 2080ti cards look like one of the biggest turkey GPU releases of all time.

The biggest kick in the teeth to Nvidia is 16GB all round, they conned their own user base with that one (gimping the vram).

Well done to AMD. Game on.

Humbug deserves a lot of credit and I'm expecting a few grovelling apologies (who am i kidding? :D) from a few users. All hail the bug!

(note to Bug, don't forget to update your CBR20 thread :p)

Thank you :)
@LtMatt i will get on top of it.

Associate
So the 6800Xt with 6GB of more VRAM at a similar price point to the 3080TUF OC is bad value...
But you're happy to buy a 3080TUF?

I do not follow the logic. People want AMD to give their GPUs out for free, despite having more VRAM, likely will age far better and have comparative performance; but they want NVIDIA to continue with their current pricing scheme? Okay...

Absolutely do not want nvidia continuing with their current pricing scheme which is exactly why I would've liked to see the 6800XT undercut the 3080 by a similar margin that the 5700XT did with the 2070(S).

For the same sort of price I'd rather stick with my 3080 preorder - nvidia drivers have been more stable historically, dlss + rtx will likely make a decent difference in upcoming triple a games like cyberpunk and NVENC is nice to have for streaming to other devices. Will be interesting to see how GDDR6X compares to GDDR6 too

Associate
The UK prices can't really be considered though, Brexit ruined our exchange rate and prior to that the financial crash did a lot of damage too.

Look at the US launch prices for the 70 series from nVidia.

2012 GTX 670 Launch Price $400 / Adjusted $453
2013 GTX 770 Launch Price $400 / Adjusted $446
2014 GTX 970 Launch Price $329 / Adjusted $361
2016 GTX 1070 Launch Price $379 / Adjusted $411
2018 RTX 2070 Launch Price $500 / Adjusted $518
2020 GTX 3070 Launch Price $500 / Adjusted $500

The 970 was the outlier and one of the all time great cards. The RTX 2070 was a peice of sh!t.

Prices have crept up a bit but people are making out prices have doubled when they haven't!
The world didn't start in 2012

Permabanned
Currently using a 3950X and a Radeon VII. Planning to sell my 3950X and...

Think i will switch to either a 5800X or perhaps a 5900X (If I'm feeling frivolous) and a 6800XT.

6900XT is really tempting, but I'm going for the cost effective option for slightly less performance i think. :)

Same here, I'm going to try & get the best bang for my buck so at some point I'm going to upgrade from my Ryzen 2700x to a 5000 series Ryzen ( I'll need to wait until at least Jan for a bios update for my X470 board) & I currently have a pair of 480's :rolleyes: which I'll swap for an RX 6800 asap. Once that's done yay.

Man of Honour
Sadly yet another overpriced series of cards. Performance looks great and about time they fought back. The 6800 was looking good but is even more stupidly priced than the already overpriced 3070. At this rate I will be looking to buy someones used 3070/6800 from the MM in a year or so time.

Associate
I was just about to post this, asking how much difference smart access makes because if you look at the 6800 slide minus smart access calling it 10% across the board, the 6800 would therfore be pretty close to 2080ti (3070) performance, discounting those AMD cherry picked games?

My gut is telling me the 6800 seems a bit of a pointless GPU, its not quite a 6800XT and its performance isnt that much further from a 2080ti to warrant the extra money. Its like you should either get a 3070 or a 6800XT. But then of course with a 3070 you have the issue of the 8GB Vram.

I just wish there was a 16GB 3070 coming tomorrow to make my mind up.

Yeah, I didn't quite understand the vanilla 6800 either. They obviously wanted 1:1 match-ups but then presumably couldn't cut the price (or reduce the RAM and then also the price) to hit the 3070 price point.

Although one interesting thing to watch will be if the mark-ups of third-party cards from the RRP for the 3070 FE vanish pretty quickly in the face of what's coming.

Soldato
This is a pleasant reveal to wake up to really.
I think AMD will get my money when the time comes to upgrade and most likely 6800XT for 1440P 144Hz.
I'll likely hang on to see what happens with pricing and game bundles once the hype settles and stock is plentiful.

Associate
Yeah, I didn't quite understand the vanilla 6800 either. They obviously wanted 1:1 match-ups but then presumably couldn't cut the price (or reduce the RAM and then also the price) to hit the 3070 price point.

Although one interesting thing to watch will be if the mark-ups of third-party cards from the RRP for the 3070 FE vanish pretty quickly in the face of what's coming.

Think ill try grab a 3070FE tomorrow for £469, failing that I will wait until solid benchmarks or 6700XT appears with hopefully 12 or 16GB vram which will undoubtably be under £500 which is my budget.

But on another note...Id rather have 16GB VRAM for future proofing. Might just go for a used 2080ti!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom