*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
People are surely allowed to book time off for whatever reason they so wish? I have considered it plenty of times before but with delays it will only lead to disappointment.

They can do for sure, but the way I look at it is that when a game has just released it'll be a bit of a mess for a while, so booking time off to play it then is kinda like booking a vacation when you know it'll be bad weather there and you could have just waited a month to go.

Associate
They can do for sure, but the way I look at it is that when a game has just released it'll be a bit of a mess for a while, so booking time off to play it then is kinda like booking a vacation when you know it'll be bad weather there and you could have just waited a month to go.

If a game is 'a bit of mess' after three delays the studio has serious issues. Plus like your weather analogy, you can wait a month and the weather/game can still be bad.

Associate
If a game is 'a bit of mess' after three delays the studio has serious issues. Plus like your weather analogy, you can wait a month and the weather/game can still be bad.

Well here the difference would be going in winter and going in summer, lets say (though, yes, those aren't a month apart) ... and I'd disagree about it meaning the studio has issues, it's just how it goes once games go out into the real world and there's suddenly millions of people playing them in different ways and on different tech and stuff.

Soldato
People are surely allowed to book time off for whatever reason they so wish?

Yup, judging people for booking some time off work to do something they enjoy is rather pathetic really. It's not like this year has exactly been rife for holiday opportunities either; everyone I know and myself included had to or chose to cancel plans and are fast approaching the end of the year with loads of annual leave left. Spending a week playing a game while it's freezing outside and someone's breath could hospitalise you seems entirely sensible to me.

Associate
Well here the difference would be going in winter and going in summer, lets say (though, yes, those aren't a month apart) ... and I'd disagree about it meaning the studio has issues, it's just how it goes once games go out into the real world and there's suddenly millions of people playing them in different ways and on different tech and stuff.

But the game ain't out in the real world, it's been pulled from our grasp yet again. :D I hazard a guess though the November 19th release date was what management decided and December 10th date is the creators "we told you it wasn't ready" date.

Man of Honour
Hey at least we will have the Christmas break to play it though. I always take a week or two off during Xmas and have done the same this year too so that's me sorted.

Also, some luls:

o5726615muv51.jpg

Edit*
Throwing extra wood on the fire, seems a developer admitted to the game being unpolished recently and states at least another 3/4 months of dev time is needed and that's after the day 1 patch:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...developer_litterally_told_us_the_reasons_for/

Man of Honour
Hey at least we will have the Christmas break to play it though. I always take a week or two off during Xmas and have done the same this year too so that's me sorted.

Also, some luls:

o5726615muv51.jpg

Edit*
Throwing extra wood on the fire, seems a developer admitted to the game being unpolished recently and states at least another 3/4 months of dev time is needed and that's after the day 1 patch:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...developer_litterally_told_us_the_reasons_for/

I still can’t imagine it being released over December. I hope so though, I have 3 weeks off.

Soldato
I also booked the week of release off, still had plenty of holiday left after a few months off during lockdown (not that I need to justify why the **** I take my holidays from work to some random nobody on a forum), but as long as it’s out in December I can play it on my Xmas break.

Caporegime
I need to get this ordered, I've already booked the time off work to play when it comes out. It was a shame it didn't come out in April whilst I was Furloughed but I'm also glad it didn't as I've got it to play at the end of November.
:D
I guess christmas can't come soon enough for some

Soldato
Probably the same people who would cry if it was released early with bugs. Seems the gaming community has a lot of these crybabies nowadays.

Let's be honest, there's always been crybabies, social media has given everyone a voice.

I dont get the faux concern over staff.

If anyone really cares so much about the devs being 'forced' to work longer, and CDPR's bad practices, dont buy the game? Because you are just supporting them if you do.

It's perfectly understandable for people to express empathy for others, regardless of whether you buy the game or not.

This whole concept just bewilders me.. booking time for a vacation etc yeah I get, but to play a video game? jesus christ.. and just wait until it's released, it's a video game not a bloody life changing surgery that got delayed, there is more to worry and be concerned about in life than a poxy game! first world trivial problems.

Ah yes, the irrational post on how someone can't understand other peoples decision making. That's a new one here.

Associate
Every WoW expansion i knew people who booked time off work for it. Nothing new at least to me, though a little odd since this is a single player game and you can play it anytime but this is a hobby just like any other.

Associate
Who books time off to play a game

That's exactly my point as said earlier, it's a strange concept, I guess I was brought up differently to others: work first, play later. I mean the game is still going to be there when they get home from work.. If people want to do it it's up to them, it's their life but I just find it very odd, only my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom