UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27th-29th Oct 2020]

fez

fez

Caporegime
Have they ever come out and explained what level of technology they are working with on VAR. It looks crap to be honest. I've said this before but 0.1s could take a player from being just onside to being nearly a metre offside. To be anything like accurate they need super high speed cameras with really high resolution and if the screens are anything to go by, they are nowhere near that.

Soldato
I heard last week, somewhere that Troy Deeney had said in an interview that when they played United they knew you could get at Fred and that if you pressured him he couldn't take it. Just saw a great example of where he isn't strong enough. Unable to take a ball and shield it. Under pressure admittedly but for all his energy he's weaker than McSauce , Matic or Pogba in that respect. Oh and his passing, even simple ones is gash tonight

Anyway team is playing ok against a very good opponent.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Have they ever come out and explained what level of technology they are working with on VAR. It looks crap to be honest. I've said this before but 0.1s could take a player from being just onside to being nearly a metre offside. To be anything like accurate they need super high speed cameras with really high resolution and if the screens are anything to go by, they are nowhere near that.

In my opinion if it is not clear and obvious then goal should be given. A couple of mm's wouldn't have changed the result.

fez

fez

Caporegime
In my opinion if it is not clear and obvious then goal should be given. A couple of mm's wouldn't have changed the result.

Thats kind of what I am getting at. They will have a known margin of error so when they are making decisions that are clearly down to a cm or two they are essentially guessing. 10cm, they can probably be pretty sure. 2cm, I would be amazed.

fez

fez

Caporegime
They are really going up the gears now. I can see the team getting ripped to shreds in the next summer though.

I don't know. They haven't got that many players that the top teams would want. Werner was a big loss for them in the summer.

How has Alba managed to go so long without snapping? Just had the ball kicked at his foot and fell over holding his shin as if his leg was snapped. I'd love to kick him.

You wouldn't get near him. He would be on the floor before your kick came within a foot of him.

Back
Top Bottom