Escape from Tarkov

Soldato
Guys i bought all the maps from traders, but when i open them in a raid, i see no legends marked on the maps, like loot and other stuff etc, even thou i ticked them, is this work in progress or something ?

Soldato
Maps in game arent interactive at all, theres basically no point taking them in raid... just look at one from internet/pc on a second screen
Ok thx, i was asking because there is tick boxes for what you want to see overlayed on maps ?, so i guess its a bug or just dont work then, the option should be removed if not working.

Soldato
Ok thx, i was asking because there is tick boxes for what you want to see overlayed on maps ?, so i guess its a bug or just dont work then, the option should be removed if not working.

waste of time - as above - use a 2nd screen/phone for online maps, then learn them inside out. You can do that offline if it's easier to start with.

Customs map 1st, then probably woods as most of the early missions are on those maps.

https://mapgenie.io/tarkov

Soldato
Took out two l40 players last night on shoreline. Fully geared and I got some nice loot.

Only to make it ~10m from tunnel extract and got one tapped in the head with m855a1 by an extract camper. I had a pristine L4 helmet on. Sometimes helmets make naff all difference and sometimes they do.

Associate
Level 4 armour is worthless against players, you get one or two tapped by any meta weapon/ammo in the game and level 5+ is simply too expensive early game, and unavailable, to be viable.

As a new player, this late in to a "wipe", the game has just been an exercise in avoiding other PMCs as you generally will not/can not beat them in a firefight. They camp all the quest spots with level 5/6 armour, face shields, and silenced M1A's.. so often you're better just hatchet running the quests.

I've been harbouring some decent gear/ammo and modding an AK-74N in my limited stash. Finally got fed up of being bullied by chads so loaded up and went in to factory and walked out with 7 kills. First two PMCs were a duo at level 40+, fully tricked out, I melted them both. Bagged a top tier Meta M1A and a fully modded AKM, on top of an Atlyn and Vulkan-5 w/face shields to match.

The game is all about positioning and having the resources to buy the best gear so you stand a chance in engagements. PVP isn't really an option until you get your traders up and your hideout in a decent shape.

Associate
My son is wants to start playing this again so done a few raids to get back in the swing of things, needless to say i'm getting gibbed 95% of the time.

Embrace the rat playstyle until you unlock the flea market. Forget about PVP, your guns might as well be spitting feathers vs geared players.

Soldato
I'm level 16 from when i played earlier in the wipe, got 600k and a load of distinctly average gear. Only positive is that no one wants it so i tend to get it all back from insurance.

Soldato
Honestly, I love this game so much. I'm up to level 61 on my main char and I've started a hardcore character/playthrough which has been fun. Up to level 13 on him and managed to kill a guy with a thermal last night which is pretty huge for a HC run through!

Associate
I'm level 16 from when i played earlier in the wipe, got 600k and a load of distinctly average gear. Only positive is that no one wants it so i tend to get it all back from insurance.

I'm only lv18 myself, always get all my gear back bar the odd mid tier AK I might put together. Dipped below 1 million rubles for the first time as most of the quests in this are usually reliant on RNG or buying the required items from the flea, which is pricey. I made an effort to upgrade my base in an attempt to get a bitcoin farm up and running as I think it's the only way I'm realistically going to progress.

Loving the game but feel like there needs to be a rework in regards to questing and I think the game would benefit from a new player protection bracket 1-10. It took me way too long to understand how I could dump half a clip in to a player only to get dropped in a split second from 1 or 2 bullets. Even now I understand the systems, and meta, I'm in no better of a position to compete with anyone fully geared.

You're literally just fodder for better geared players bar the fortunate situational kill or lucky head/eyes shot.

Soldato
I'm only lv18 myself, always get all my gear back bar the odd mid tier AK I might put together. Dipped below 1 million rubles for the first time as most of the quests in this are usually reliant on RNG or buying the required items from the flea, which is pricey. I made an effort to upgrade my base in an attempt to get a bitcoin farm up and running as I think it's the only way I'm realistically going to progress.

Loving the game but feel like there needs to be a rework in regards to questing and I think the game would benefit from a new player protection bracket 1-10. It took me way too long to understand how I could dump half a clip in to a player only to get dropped in a split second from 1 or 2 bullets. Even now I understand the systems, and meta, I'm in no better of a position to compete with anyone fully geared.

You're literally just fodder for better geared players bar the fortunate situational kill or lucky head/eyes shot.

That's what they wanted to create - a hardcore game, with hardcore outcomes...The weak get dominated, but occasionally fight back!

If you fall behind the curve in terms of each wipe progress, you will struggle. As I said before - it's Ammo/ammo/ammo - Buy the best you can afford, don't skimp on ammo quality. Upgrade your hideout as much as you can, this creates a steady income.

Bitcoin max'd out gets you at current prices (187k) - 5 a day - therefore 900k without doing anything but fuel.

You still get ripped by other players at high levels (lvl 50 I think I am) - one shot to the head/eyes and your dead - doesn't matter what armour/bullets you are firing.

Go with the flow - use your scav runs wisely (loot up, get stuff get out - don't try and engage) - sell it. Use scav to make money.

Scav shoreline/reserve for best loot - in and out in 10 minutes with a bag full of stuff.

Associate
That's what they wanted to create - a hardcore game, with hardcore outcomes...The weak get dominated, but occasionally fight back!

If you fall behind the curve in terms of each wipe progress, you will struggle. As I said before - it's Ammo/ammo/ammo - Buy the best you can afford, don't skimp on ammo quality. Upgrade your hideout as much as you can, this creates a steady income.

Bitcoin max'd out gets you at current prices (187k) - 5 a day - therefore 900k without doing anything but fuel.

You still get ripped by other players at high levels (lvl 50 I think I am) - one shot to the head/eyes and your dead - doesn't matter what armour/bullets you are firing.

Go with the flow - use your scav runs wisely (loot up, get stuff get out - don't try and engage) - sell it. Use scav to make money.

Scav shoreline/reserve for best loot - in and out in 10 minutes with a bag full of stuff.

I'm not disputing there will be a skill gap to contend with towards end game but right now it's difficult to see as everybody is rolling with ammo/gear which negates any skill gap.

I'm actually sitting on a fair whack of top tier ammo/weapons and armour but I ain't gunna start burning it until I'm able to generate a decent income and until I unlock the trader levels to replace said gear. Resources and weapons haven't been an issue for me so far but I held off upgrading my base and levelling traders because it's the part of the game I find most tedious.

I bagged another M4A1, a fully tricked out HK and an RPK on my last SCAV run. I was hid in a Room in dorms with nothing more than a pistol when two duos collided and I managed to steal everything from under the surviving players noses and high-tail it outta there.

I'm the type that can push through a bit of adversity, and face a grind head on, but I'd imagine a lot of players will give up because of how brutal it is as a newbie. I don't believe the experience will be made any worse for high level, or skilled, players by keeping newbies (under level 10) in a separate bracket. Just my opinion as a very late starter but I fully understand the reasoning for your "no mercy" attitude in what is considered a hardcore game.

Soldato
Get you hideout up as fast as possible/along with traders - so much easier/better - pump all your money into the hideout....tedious but sets you up for the wipe

Soldato
Have they reduced the Skav spawns? I'm on the quest to kill 25 Skav's in Customs and some runs there aren't any to be seen and no corpses either. There used to be loads on this map.

EDIT

Done a few factory runs now too and it looks like its been reduced across the board. Barely an AI Skav to be seen.

Last edited:
Soldato
Get you hideout up as fast as possible/along with traders - so much easier/better - pump all your money into the hideout....tedious but sets you up for the wipe

you dont keep the hideout though right? A wipe looses everything. Im up to nearly all hideout on top tier so bitcoin and crafting are 2nd incomes, should mean I dont care as much about gear fear.

Anyway, I hate exit campers.

Rom

Rom

Associate
Wipe generally resets everything yes. There have been the odd skills wipe in the past. But usually, its full wipes.

Whilst I agree with most of the above, from reading. It feels like you guys never die to leg or arm kills?!
Ive been dropped multiple times recently, Shotgun to the arm 1 tapped me (dmg spread after blacked limb) smg to leg sucks.

So whilst yes, most players are geared and harder to kill. Legs and arms have no armor.

Also Id say most geared players, still run with Airframes or Exfils, so only level 3 face shields. Altyns and Vulkans are good, but the lack of a headset is a real issue. Its rare I come across players with those helmets, even if they are running a Slick.
Almost every 'headshot' for me at least, is to my face, as thats the biggest part if you are face to face. So a level 3 is easily a 1hk by most mid tier ammo, ie 5.45 BP is pen 6 on level 3.

bJN

bJN

Soldato
As a solo player sound is king. With a headset on you can hear everything around you that largely gives you the ability to dictate how any situation starts.

I occasionally duo, or used to, with a mate who was much newer to the game than me and I largely didn't enjoy it as it felt like baby sitting a lot of the time, especially when he expected me to lead the way and didn't contribute to firefights for fear of hitting me (or just a general lack of any idea on what to do). Runs where I forced him to take the lead were a lot better for me, my situational awareness is one of my strongest points in games so I'm always keeping 360 checks going and can just sit back and (definitely not bait) let him take point.

This late into a wipe for low levels you really need to be aiming for flesh kills (arms and legs, close range) for straight pvp action unless you're confident with your standard rifles. 5.45 BT still performs reasonably well against all but the highest tier of armour and is very easy to come by. A scav run to Shoreline or Reserve should easily net plenty of ammo and goodies from dead bodies and by and large you can avoid most combat on both maps if you wish to.

Back
Top Bottom