Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Associate
Soldato
Was thinking the same thing. £100 for something that does the exact same thing as my £15 one.
Depends what you mean by 'does the exact same thing' - if you mean it provides you with light, then yes. But there's a lot of moving parts with these, and cheap anglepoise can be a nightmare to adjust; they'll light where you point them...briefly...and then sag.

I'm not saying all cheapos do that, it's just my experience will all but the real McAnglepoise.

Soldato
Depends what you mean by 'does the exact same thing' - if you mean it provides you with light, then yes. But there's a lot of moving parts with these, and cheap anglepoise can be a nightmare to adjust; they'll light where you point them...briefly...and then sag.

I'm not saying all cheapos do that, it's just my experience will all but the real McAnglepoise.

You know what? Sometimes it's just nice to have something nice. Well made, works properly, made of good materials and feels good to use. Money's only good for buying stuff, so sometimes people are willing to spend more to get a premium product with a premium experience. Nothing wrong with that if that's where you want to spend your money. It's often the difference between something you chuck away after a short time, or something you keep (and enjoy) for many years, or even a lifetime.

Soldato
You know what? Sometimes it's just nice to have something nice. Well made, works properly, made of good materials and feels good to use. Money's only good for buying stuff, so sometimes people are willing to spend more to get a premium product with a premium experience. Nothing wrong with that if that's where you want to spend your money. It's often the difference between something you chuck away after a short time, or something you keep (and enjoy) for many years, or even a lifetime.
Very much agreed.

Soldato
Some new lights for the garage

IMG-20201029-134619.jpg

Oh and +1 for Anglepoise - I got a 1970's one off eBay a few months ago to go in my mancave

Had quite a few over the years

Back
Top Bottom