• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
So I bothered to look at the size specs of the ps5. I can't help but feel the size has been exaggerated, sure it's quite big but I was expecting something crazy the way people have been talking.

Soldato
I'm sorely tempted to grab one now, seeing as Xbox games mostly will be on PC anyways I see little reason to go the green route again.

I shan't pre order, I'll wait till they're settled in stock

Soldato
I thought I was going mad for a minute, but where did you get your PS5 sizes from????
I calculate the PS5 as hugely bigger.

PS5 = 390x260x104 = 10.5l
PS5 dig = 390x260x92 = 9.3l
XsX = 301x151x151 = 6.86l
https://www.kitguru.net/tech-news/m...is-only-5-larger-than-the-series-x-by-volume/

The article does say " That being said, due to the curved nature of the PS5’s design, in terms of volume, the PS5 takes up 7.2L, which when compared to the Series X’s 6.86L, only represents a size difference of 5%. Furthermore, the PS5 Digital Edition, which is equally as powerful as the PS5, only omitting the disc drive, lands at 6.4L – which falls under the Series X volume-wise."

Soldato
https://www.kitguru.net/tech-news/m...is-only-5-larger-than-the-series-x-by-volume/

The article does say " That being said, due to the curved nature of the PS5’s design, in terms of volume, the PS5 takes up 7.2L, which when compared to the Series X’s 6.86L, only represents a size difference of 5%. Furthermore, the PS5 Digital Edition, which is equally as powerful as the PS5, only omitting the disc drive, lands at 6.4L – which falls under the Series X volume-wise."
Makes sense, it's not a square shape so even though the bottom may be 104mm wide, the top isn't.

It's still big, though. :D

Caporegime
Has anyone seen/read anything about what happens when you play a PS4 game with the DualSense controller? Given the new controllers haptics, I don't think it has the same rumble mechanism as a DualShock 4. So what happens? No rumble? An approximation? I think I've read Sony recommend using DualShock 4 for PS4 games.

Associate

Whilst I appreciate what you are saying, the fact is that despite it's concave shape, it still takes up the same amount of table space as if it was a box. It's not as if you can place anythinbg in the small void at either side, so I think it's somewhat of a stretch to start quoting volume in such a way - it is plainly hugely bigger than the XsX!

Back
Top Bottom