Watch Dogs Legion

Soldato
How can you afford to be so naive? The whole thing was a corporate power move from within. New ways of thinking? All you'll get is big breast characters with male parts and burly voices.

PcsZgD.jpg

https://webcache.googleusercontent....ce-gender-pronouns/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

it was not being naive, it was giving them the benefit of the doubt. we have yet to see a ubisoft game that started after they re-organised. until then its a guessing game, though most likely 90% wont change a thing.

not too sure why your bring up random customisation. my main point was 1 guy dictated the entire workflow of ubisoft game direction & you must follow or be gone.

Soldato
had a quick run around on watch dogs legion just now and it runs like crap... The fps isn't that bad but its stuttery as hell.

I'm running an rtx 3090 on a 1440p ultrawide 34". Adjusting DLSS seems to give me around 4 extra fps? regardless of what mode i put it in.

On dx12 i'll net around 70+fps which is great but stuttery especially where theres a lot of objects popping in like vehicles and textures.
with rtx on medium it drops to 60ish and anything higher than that it will drop further to around 50fps.

On dx11 its around 70-80fps but feels even worse than dx12. No rtx as its only supported on dx12.

With raytracing on, its weird the reflections on the cars turn to a blurry mess of sorts.

Weirdly though, during benchmark the game will run at 96% gpu utilisation but during game play it drops down to around 45-50%? I swear at the start of the game during the night scenes the gpu utilisation was a lot higher too but for some reason around the city its below 50%

It reminds me of how gta4 and 5 ran when it was first released... sigh

Last edited:

jpm

jpm

Associate
Same here, I'm running it at 1440p and locked it to 60 which for some reason improves things a bit. When I'm on foot doing stuff I get the odd stutter here an there but once I start to drive around it becomes a stuttering mess. Same if I unlock the framerate.

That's no matter what resolution and graphics settings I use.

Man of Honour
Just finished playing a couple of hours..

Ran ok for me, though I had no raytracing on and I only have a 1080 GPU. The animations were really weird, it was like there were frames missing in the animations, like you would vault over an object or jump down from a ledge and it was just like there were sections of the animation missing. Think of a flicker book drawing thing and then some of the pages are missing. Was very noticeable.

London was good, cool that you can ride on the london eye. Overall the presentation of the city of London was good. Graphics were fairly decent on the city itself but pretty god awful on the characters, every single one of them were ugly models, looked like character models from 5+ years ago and the whole gait and movement of the characters was terrible, like they all had arthritis and were bent over. The voices (as a UK native) really began to grate on me after a couple of hours, every one was like some Dick Van Dyke parody of what foreigners must think we all sound like. The game has quite a lot of spelling mistakes too, especially noticeable in the subtitles, in the first couple of hours of play I saw so many basic spelling mistakes. City traffic unfortunately succumbs to the usual vehicles being stuck for no reason at junctions. The npcs actions just dont really make much sense, an npc will get run over by an npc car (because the vehicle pathing has just gone wonky) and then they will get up and walk off as if nothing has happened, even more odd is that a number of times I saw cars just drive into each other and motorcyclists getting repeatedly knocked off their bikes by npc cars and the rider would get up and just walk off down the street , leaving their bike there.

The play as any npc seemed to work well and it was good to see that they were actually fairly different in terms of skills/abilities, although in the end they all seemed to play much the same. Also it appears that 1 in 2 normal British people in the street have access to fully automatic weapons, which struck me as somewhat odd. It was pretty funny in the first pub to hear Skinner and Baddiels 3 Lions being played :)

Biggest problem imo (take into account that I'm not a fan of GTA), is boredom. I've just logged out, after only 2 hours of play from moment of release and already I was starting to get bored. London is done very well as I say and the play as any npc works well (I can see more games in the future using and further developing this mechanic) but after just 2 hours I was already thinking meh, had lost interest in the story and missions and was already beginning to just mess about for the sake of messing about, running people over, gunning people down etc just for the ***** and giggles of it. I could see myself getting bored to the point of not wanting to play very quickly and I think that non-GTA fans wont stick with the game long.

Also, expect to see hundreds of youtube videos about the seriously Wonky physics in the game, if you are looking for a game to make a funny physics youtube video on, this is your game, so many bizarre things happen with the vehicles and the ragdoll physics

Overall (and as I say, take this with the caveat that I'm not a fan of GTA, which I guess this is "similar" to) not a good title for me, I'd probably give it a 5 or 6 out of 10 (primarily for the depiction of London and the play as any npc mechanic which I think in years to come will really develop in gaming) , glad that I got to play this as part of the Uplay+ sub rather than for the retail price.

Soldato
Same here, I'm running it at 1440p and locked it to 60 which for some reason improves things a bit. When I'm on foot doing stuff I get the odd stutter here an there but once I start to drive around it becomes a stuttering mess. Same if I unlock the framerate.

That's no matter what resolution and graphics settings I use.
Check your gpu utilisation, im back on it now and its holding around 45-55% only. I feel this maybe part of the problem, with the stuttering at least. I thought it was weird why my gpu only hit 38c!

cpu fairs abit better around 75% but i feel its not utilising the hardware very well to run smoothly. Its playable though

Soldato
Had about an hour or so. It looks very nice, compared to Watch Dogs 1 it's much more vibrant and feels really alive. People wandering around, double deckers drive by (and get stolen by me) reflections, puddles, debris looks really good.

Performance wise it's OK. 2700X/16GB RAM/1080ti, get anywhere from 33-60fps on average at Ultra 1440p. At the very beginning it was around 80-90 indoors.

Still hanging on for the GPU drivers which should help.

Soldato
Playing with RTX 3080 and i7 7820x @ 4ghz stock with 16gb 3200 cl14 ram I am getting 47 FPS in the internal benchmark in 4k with everything highest setting including ray tracing with dlss at quality setting in HDR (all tests run in HDR).

With DLSS on balanced it improves to 52 FPS. Looked at ultra performance for DLSS but it looked like trash so abandoned it.

On standard ultra preset no dlss or ray tracing I get 54fps. With DLSS on quality it creeps up to 67 FPS.

Last edited:
Associate
Will wait for it to go on sale. Can already pick it up for £42. Won't be long till it goes down to £10 - 15 with some patches thrown in.

Soldato
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/watc...pdate-promises-to-improve-pc-rtx-performance/

Ubisoft has announced that Watch Dogs Legion will receive a brand new update tomorrow. According to the team, this patch will bring RTX and overall performance improvements on the PC.

According to the release notes, the October 30th Patch will bring several improvements to PC performance. It will also optimize performance to improve framerates for RTX GPUs. Additionally, it will improve the framerate performance when driving.

Watch Dogs Legion October 30th Update Release Notes
Made several improvements to PC performance
Optimized performance to improve framerates for RTX GPUs
Fixed an issue that caused?framerate?drops to occur when characters walk through checkpoints
Improved the framerate performance when driving
Fixed a freeze when switching input controllers on PC
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when launched?on a console set?to TURKISH, INDONESIAN,?GREEK, ROMANIAN, HUNGARIAN, VIETNAMESE or THAI?languages

Back
Top Bottom