RIP Bobby Ball

Capodecina
Soldato
Very sad to read this. I don't normally participate in these RIP threads but I have great memories of Cannon & Ball. Really loved him as a kid.

OP: are you the dog?

Soldato
Such a shame, Cannon and Ball were great.

In about 85 I saw him walking around Torquay Marina, we yelled out and got a textbook Rock on Tommy with the braces back from him. What a pro!

Soldato
I'm shocked to see this. Apparently he picked up covid-19 shortly before his death.

Very sad news. Bobby was born and grew up in my home town. My mum used to know him. There is even a place named after him called Harper Square.

I remember growing up watching the Cannon and Ball show. My favourite film as a kid was called The Boys in Blue - which featured Cannon and Ball in the lead roles.

I saw them in panto many times.

Bobby was the typical funny short man. Always quick with the jokes and always wanting to break the ice and make people laugh.

RIP.

Permabanned
OP
I'm shocked to see this. Apparently he picked up covid-19 shortly before his death.

Very sad news. Bobby was born and grew up in my home town. My mum used to know him. There is even a place named after him called Harper Square.

I remember growing up watching the Cannon and Ball show. My favourite film as a kid was called The Boys in Blue - which featured Cannon and Ball in the lead roles.

I saw them in panto many times.

Bobby was the typical funny short man. Always quick with the jokes and always wanting to break the ice and make people laugh.

RIP.

Oh I had forgot about Boys in Blue, need to watch it again now.

Soldato
Gutted at that, we are losing the tail end of a priceless generation of entertainers that were drop forged in the white heat of working mens clubs. Boys in Blue is a fun film.

Soldato
Unfortunately I'm at that age where all the staple entertainers of my childhood are going to be climbing onto the great stage in the sky, used to absolutely love Cannon and Ball as a kid.

RIP Bobby

Back
Top Bottom