Brave New World (Sky)

Soldato
This is bloody brilliant!!

Started watching it two nights ago and already up to episode six.

I'll not give anything away, but basically it's set 200 years in the future where technology has gone a bit too far (that's putting it mildly).

It's got a kind of matrix feel to it (despite it actually being set in the real world and not a computer).

I think it's fantastic.

Soldato
Saw it last month i think, yeah its pretty good i thought.

Lots of sexy time in it too tho not a lot on the main women in it which was a shame.

Would be nice if it got a few more seasons but the way it ends i think it wrapped itself up.

Soldato
OP

Lots of sexy time in it too tho not a lot on the main women in it which was a shame.

Would be nice if it got a few more seasons but the way it ends i think it wrapped itself up.

Oh, is there only one season then. That's a bit rubbish.

Soldato
Well it's been a long time since I read the book but it feels like an interesting go at bringing the concept up to date. I'm 6 episodes in and waiting to see if the book finale happens which I kind of doubt it's not a modern TV thing. It's beautifully made, the acting is really good, I think John and Bernard are played so well. The plot is slow but meaningful, really good show.

I'll have to go back and read the book again to compare the plot but the concepts seems pretty true.

Soldato
never heard of the book and going by IMDB reviews I shouldn't waste my time? for teens only?
Is this a joke? It's one of the classic science fiction novels of the early 20th Century. Whilst not in quite the same class as 1984 they are spoken about together because one is about slavery through oppression/fear and the other slavery through pleasure.

Soldato
OP
never heard of the book and going by IMDB reviews I shouldn't waste my time? for teens only?

That is the most ridiculous thing I've read this week. Just goes to show you can't believe everything you read on the internet.

This is the exact opposite of what teens would like.

Honestly mate, watch it.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Is this a joke? It's one of the classic science fiction novels of the early 20th Century. Whilst not in quite the same class as 1984 they are spoken about together because one is about slavery through oppression/fear and the other slavery through pleasure.

So a bit like owning a dog then :)

Caporegime

yea thought it was pretty good also binged it though if it would have been spread out over a few months I probably would have thought less of it

Soldato
I'll be honest, I was trying to sell this to my girlfriend as a potential joint watch and I was like "apparently it's based on a book". She just looked at me and was like "I know" :p

I'm fairly well read although not a massive science fiction fan (and have made the effort recently to read some classics), and before the series came out I don't recall ever knowing about the book. Each to their own...

Soldato
Crappy management from NBC rather than failings of the program imo as it was one of the better things to come out this year, hopefully someone else will pick it up but i dont think it needs expanding as it finished quite well (unless there is more in the books?!)

Back
Top Bottom