Watch Dogs Legion

Man of Honour
It’s awful fed up after a couple of hours. Tbh I think it was made for a different generation...lol

Sounds pretty much like me last night, after 2 hours last night I was just bored. Its funny, I've watched a few streamers today and they all seem to pretty much lose interest in doing the missions and story after about an hour and just resort to drive about running people over and gunning people down for another hour or so and then just change game. I dont think the game has much hold (at least not for people like me it seems) and I can see it having a relatively short lifespan

Soldato
Anyone running this on a 5700XT @ 3440x1440p at all? interested to hear what kinda FPS you are getting :)
Going by what im getting with an RTX 3090 with a mix of ultra and very high settings, RT medium and balanced DLSS i sit around 70-80 fps in the city and 90+ in less crowded areas in particular indoors. Upping the graphical options gives me a minimal performance hit but it seems to stutter a lot more.

changing DLSS anywhere above balanced makes the cars a blurry mess. I'm having gta 5 moments all over again with the crappy initial release and many patches later to fix it all.

Associate
I quite fancied playing this, just for the familiarity of being set in London but reviews aren't great. Missed out on getting it for free with my 3080 as OCUK ran out of codes super quick :(

jpm

jpm

Associate
Check your gpu utilisation, im back on it now and its holding around 45-55% only. I feel this maybe part of the problem, with the stuttering at least. I thought it was weird why my gpu only hit 38c!

cpu fairs abit better around 75% but i feel its not utilising the hardware very well to run smoothly. Its playable though

Yep, same here, My GPU utilization was 60 - 65% and 60c which is low for my card. That's with all limiters turned off.

Hopefully tomorrows patch will sort things out :)

Soldato
This is infuriating. First, the game won't launch at all from the Epic store. It just says "Running" for about a second, then stops.

I try to launch it directly from the executable, and this time it installs some Ubisoft junk on my PC. Okay, will it let me launch my game now? Nope, a window pops up asking for an activation code.

I check my emails, no activation code.

Turns out the activation code is hidden in the Ubisoft thing. So I try and fire it up again, paste in the activation code, and... "this code is already in use on this account".

Soldato
Just had a couple of hours on it.

The map of London is great, ive never been and actually going next weekend (Lockdown permitting) so i had a drive to where my hotel will be :D

Running a Ryzen 3600 + RTX 3080 and getting around 55-70 FPS with everything on ultra but no RT as that kills the fps to 40-45 and dowsnt loko that much different.

Not had any stuttering, it feels buttery smooth. (ill check my GPU utilization)

Some of the visuals at night are superb. The game is ok, maybe im a bit old for its style but will stick with it for the map.

Associate
I've been playing this for about 10 hours today, it's OK, the game world is big and detailed, graphics are OK and the game runs smooth on my 1080Ti @1440p. Biggest gripe is the voice acting, it's all "Bruv this, Bruv that". It pretty out of place when you walk up to a middle aged female doctor character in the street and she talks like an 18 year old from EastEnders, and although intially funny everbody calling each other ***** and such in the streets is really over done.

I've had a few crashes mostly after switching to DX11 from DX12. DX12 caused an unpassable bug in a main story mission for me when you open a chute to get down to the basement (it would just hang on a black screen).

I wasn't expecting much from this, i'll give the game a 6/10. Luckliy i got it on Uplay+ so will only pay £13 for this and Valhalla combined before cancelling the sub.

Soldato
I wasn't expecting much from this, i'll give the game a 6/10. Luckliy i got it on Uplay+ so will only pay £13 for this and Valhalla combined before cancelling the sub.

Same plan here. Was going to sub today, but from the feedback I've seen about WD I'll wait a week. Will probably get more mileage from Valhalla and Fenyx.

Soldato
I've been playing this for about 10 hours today, it's OK, the game world is big and detailed, graphics are OK and the game runs smooth on my 1080Ti @1440p. Biggest gripe is the voice acting, it's all "Bruv this, Bruv that". It pretty out of place when you walk up to a middle aged female doctor character in the street and she talks like an 18 year old from EastEnders, and although intially funny everbody calling each other ***** and such in the streets is really over done.

I've had a few crashes mostly after switching to DX11 from DX12. DX12 caused an unpassable bug in a main story mission for me when you open a chute to get down to the basement (it would just hang on a black screen).

I've had a few crashes too playing tonight. A little annoying.

Associate
It is dull as dishwater. I played a guy with a deep Irish accent, then recruited a construction worker who had the same voice but with a slightly higher pitch. WD2 at least had a lovely setting, this is just grim. Requested a refund which has not been processed but noticed this morning if you buy from UPlay you can refund only if you have not played it at all. So for anyone thinking about it or Valhalla get it via Epic Games as they at least allow a 2 hour play time. Should've gone with my gut and purchased UPlay+

Soldato
It's OK but I'm glad i got it through the subscription and not paid full price. The central mechanic of recruiting anyone is excellent but tbh I think is going to be a bit of a distraction the longer you play. Also the voices are awful and often don't fit the people you are trying to recruit.

Gameplay is fine. No complaints with the main things you are tasked to do and variety in terms of different playstyles seems good too.

Back
Top Bottom