• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
@Gibbo any updates on the Asus Strix OC 3080 that were due in yesterday? I'm sat at number 28 in the que, hopefully there was enough for my order, but if not I will at least be happy to be getting closer to the front of the que

Forget that I did have one, for some reason they don't show unless I search the inbox, but either way I have been updated

Associate
New card arrived without Haribo.
IMG-20201029-100649.jpg
Send that back, disgraceful behaviour

Associate
Don't think we can continue to blame OC, so many retailers are struggling with stock.

A Certain rainforest hasn't had any stock since release and they have some of the best buyers in the world...

At least we all have a couple of options...

1. Purchase a 3070 today
2. Cancel and purchase a 6800xt
3. Wait it out
4. Cancel and go with another retailer.
5. Seen a few 3090's around to for anyone that has the budget for it..

I have an ASUS non OC on order (Bad Move), but will wait it out till the 19th November, if it doesn't arrive then I'll get a 6800XT.

Associate
New card arrived without Haribo.
IMG-20201029-100649.jpg
OMG haribo are now pre-order too. thats terrible news :p

Don't think we can continue to blame OC, so many retailers are struggling with stock.

A Certain rainforest hasn't had any stock since release and they have some of the best buyers in the world...

1. Purchase a 3070 today
3. Wait it out

I have an ASUS non OC on order (Bad Move), but will wait it out till the 19th November, if it doesn't arrive then I'll get a 6800XT.

They have had "some" but not loads. They aren't out chasing stock like more IT focused places. They get whats available and whilst demand is elsewhere they wont get much. They obviously want the best price for items and whilst other places will pay more i doubt we will see many at that particular place. They have tons of other stuff. the 3080 is just a tiny item in a sea of everything else ;)

3070 are going to be the same. the replacement F5 key will be pre-order by the end of today :p
I'd cancel and look elsewhere for the card you want. be prepared to pay a few quid extra but you will have it quick and still way below scalpers price.

I don't see waiting it out as an option seeing what other competitors are doing. stock will be overflowing everywhere else before most people waiting see anything.

3090s are not aimed at gamers and for most aren't worth the extra cash. Still they're cheaper than scalpers for the most part so maybe an option :p

Last edited:
Associate
I think it would be prudent to cancel order and re order once nvidia will offer new game code with every purchase. If everyone do it and we could organize between ourselves order in which new orders should be made, then we would retain our original position in a queue and would get a chance for new game if and when card is.shipped. We will not get code for watch dogs legions anymore so what is the point of keeping the pre order?

1) It is impossible to organise something like that.
2) OCUK said they had 1000 of the codes for 3080s, and only approx 600 3080s have been shipped.
3) The code is valid until the end of November.

Associate

1. Purchase a 3070 today
3. Wait it out

Been loads in the forest, but anyway; you cant say that word around here... genuinely

Associate
Looks like NVIDIA are planning 3060Ti and 3070Ti to fight the ground gained by AMD yesterday. Pretty laughable to be honest and points to fact that NVIDIA rushed out their cards with no market backlog for production just to be the first out there taking that next step. It is more than likely that AMD have also adopted this position and you will also see lag on supply just because these two only thought what was right for themselves and not the customer.
They also will be scrapping the 3080 20gb versions and calling them Ti versions. Probably wont be available until FEB 2021. as for supplies being available just dont ask.

Last edited:
Associate
Uhh man I would love an update....
I am literally about to drop £2k on a new Ryzen 5000 based build (all except the GPU) and a simple update is the difference between me buying with OCUK (which I have done for years) or going somewhere else... It's that simple.

Associate
Where have all the 3080s gone,
long time passing,

Where have all the 3080s gone,
long time ago..

Where have all the 3080s gone
Gone to pre-builds, every one!

When will we ever learn......
When will we ever learn......

Associate
I'm tempted to send it back unopened and switch to a AMD Radeon 6900XT in December. Will be ordering new motherboard and 5000 series processor on the 5th.

Aren't you concerned that real tests and not internal benchmarks will show different results? But i guess if you are going for Rage mode with both 5000 series CPU and 6000 series GPU it would make sense.

Associate
Aren't you concerned that real tests and not internal benchmarks will show different results? But i guess if you are going for Rage mode with both 5000 series CPU and 6000 series GPU it would make sense.
I personally still think amd need to prove themselves in the real world. I'm not convinced rage mode is worth the jump either just yet. Maybe next time around. My experience with early adoption of amd, gpus especially hasn't been great in the past. defo going green this time but next might be a different story. the rest of my build is based around an amd cpu :)

Associate
I really do not see the obsession with the AMD cards. You need a Ryzen 5000 series CPU and a 500 Series Motherboard to use the boost functionality. Without those you lose anywhere from 5-12% performance. AMDs own testing of RT performance in RT benchmarks show they are around 30-35% slower than Ampere at RT. The 6900XT is dollar for dollar a worse deal than the 3090. Sure it doesn't cost as much as the 3090 but its essentially a slightly better 6800XT for 350 more.

Associate

With you levels of appalling bad manners I don't know whether I should even respond to you, but there are some of us with access to more information than maybe you imagine.

"Please check your facts before commenting on what you clearly have no idea what you are talking about." Right back at you!

This morning I spole to CS at OCUK, and they have nothing on their system about these cards or this shipment.

"Do you even know how to read?" Again you are reflecting your own inability not to read, but to comprehend what has been written !

Which part of "If they haven't been shipped by now" indicates certainty things aren't comming? Companies often run tests on English comprehension at interview stage, you would fail this test because although you can read the words, you cannot comprehend their meaning. This says if they are shipped they are on their way however if they haven't left by now they aren't coming, this is based on Gibbo telling us about the freight forwarding company never keeping anything longer than 7 days because they don't have the warehouse space or financial margins to support that. They make up a shipment as soon as they possibly can and get it out the door.
So on that basis they could have been recalled by Inno, forwarded to the wrong destination, shipped to another market, or even stolen.

They might well have been shipped and are on their way in which case we should see them soon, but if they haven't been shipped by now it's so far outside the normal time frame that something has gone wrong, hence my belief they aren't going to come.

Use insulting language like that again though and I will just put you on ignore - time to grow up and be an adult !

Or they haven't been manufactured enough yet, which is why stock is not sent yet, which matches like every manufacturer so far.
And CS at OCUK is not the best source of information, They can't even tell your queue number from their last email, I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

Soldato
Only £50 more than what I am paying for an Asus Rog Strix OC for the performance of a 3090.

I am just massively put off by going back to AMD after dealing with two cards which had some of the worst driver support I have ever seen. Nvidia have got their driver game down...

Won't disagree with that. The drivers about 18 month ago broke iRacing, after a couple of months with no fix and AMD refusing to talk with the developer I bought a 1070 as emergency backup. It's still in the machine, the Vega 56 got sold.

Back
Top Bottom