• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
It was fun waiting for updates that just don't come. It was fun moving up 30 positions in 1 and a half months for the MSI Ventus.

I am done waiting, I managed to pick up a 3080 FE yesterday and I already have it with me this morning. It will be fun not having to check the forums every day. Thank you and good luck to everyone else.

Associate
Did anyone get their promised queue update for TUF OC after yesterday's shipments?
They were going out extremely late so maybe today but guaranteed tomorrow. Support says 41 cards shipped so can figure your spot out

Nope no update but 41 shipped takes me down to 390th...... its not much progress but its something I suppose

Associate
I really do not see the obsession with the AMD cards. You need a Ryzen 5000 series CPU and a 500 Series Motherboard to use the boost functionality. Without those you lose anywhere from 5-12% performance. AMDs own testing of RT performance in RT benchmarks show they are around 30-35% slower than Ampere at RT. The 6900XT is dollar for dollar a worse deal than the 3090. Sure it doesn't cost as much as the 3090 but its essentially a slightly better 6800XT for 350 more.

You brought a fine point, We are still unsure how will the rage mode works, will it work as well on B450/x470 motherboards? We don't know that yet, there's a lot of blurry aspects with this new GPU from real performance, to drivers issue from last series and features, it didn't answer questions compared to what we knew, but people are getting even more hyped after a presentation.

Associate
Or they haven't been manufactured enough yet, which is why stock is not sent yet, which matches like every manufacturer so far.
And CS at OCUK is not the best source of information, They can't even tell your queue number from their last email, I'll take that with a pinch of salt.
Well, Gibbo claims there are / were with the freight forwarders, so assuming that is correct then if they have shipped we should expect them to land quite soon, but because we have no updates / information etc etc. There wasn't any real info about the last batch until people began to receive them. If however we are told they are still in HK that is when credulity is stretched past breaking point. This is HK we're talking about and warehousing in the vicinity of Kaitak airport is not cheap, nothing hangs around in there because space and time are money, the other batch was shipped out with unexpected speed, so with this one hanging around for so long my suspicions of things not being as they should be are perhaps understandable?

Associate
So I'm guessing no non-oc's arrived.... :(

Production stopped for anything "non-OC". Apparently all the chips from Nvidia are so good they are now only being used on their OC cards so **** anyone who didn't get an OC card according to ASUS and now ZOTAC.

They are essentially scalping their own cards when you think about it.

Associate
Gibbo: If someone were to pre-order the ASUS TUF 3080 (either OC or non-OC) right now, what's the approx queue this someone would face in front of him/her? Are we talking about thousands, a few hundreds, or a hundred?

Any chance this person would get the card in less than 2 months?

(I know this has probably been asked like a billion times, oh well)
Ordered last Thursday and im at 1099 for OC version

Associate
Exactly er month, I'm position 203 now and just want it before Cyberpunk releases like many of us. Thankfully it actually got delayed so gives me more time[/QUOTE[/QU
Do you know if the copy of WD: Legion comes with all RTX 3080 cards or just the Asus TUF? I don't remember seeing this promotional offer when I ordered my Gigabyte Master 3080.
Check order detail on shop website you will see it listed or no

Back
Top Bottom