LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
How is everyone using it wall mounted or sitting on desk and what mounts or stands, I was planning on putting an ikea kallax unit behind my desk and sitting it on there ?

It's been discussed a bunch of times in this thread. The stock base is annoyingly deep as the TV sits near the front of the base - a good 40 cm away from the back edge. So if you want to put it on a desk you should either wall mount, get an ergotron HX (if your desk is relatively sturdy), or aftermarket TV stand. Lots of people have used the Fitueyes (off of amazon) or Sanus VTVS1 - these allow the TV to sit flush with the back of your desk.

Associate
Not sure anyone noticed, but this went in stock yesterday at JL around 8pm and sold out around 12pm. I cancelled my Curry's order and got one from there instead with Protect Plus. It said 55 had been bought when I bought one of the last 3. So probably had around 60 in stock. They go really fast from JL! I hope I'm not going to regret it if prices drop in a few weeks due to BF (I can't see that happening though unless it's Curry's which seems to have infinite stock). I had signed up for JL notifications on this so I recommend doing the same if you want one w/ the burn in protection. I also got the 100 e-gift card and the FN4 earphones for free. :)
Thats where I managed to order from last night

Associate
I found reviews on amazon of the fitueyes stand (or a clone) breaking - one review had pictures showing the glass shattered. So I call BS on the 40kg :). You have me rethinking my choice though - if I can get away with the fitueyes stand I'd prefer it as it's smaller than the Sanus stand and my desk space is precious. The use of glass though definitely scares me.

Here is one example: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/custome...ef=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B075FN4GH5. It's not the fitueyes, but looks basically identical with "8mm tempered glass supporting up to 40kgs". 9 months of stress and the entire base exploded. TBF it could have been over tightened bolts on the glass base.

Yes that's the image I have seen on amazon tempered glass breaking, if you buy a 55inch oled the weight of that is 19.5KG and 65inch is 32KG, I wouldn't take a risk on what Fitueyes claims it can hold and there is no 100% guarantee label on tempered glass, also if you claim your TV base stand break do you think Fitueyes honour that guarantee! NO they might evening blame you for over tightened bolts on the glass IMHO;) if people what to take a risk with what Fitueyes and other copies claims than more fool them, and spending £1,500 on an OLED TV and then only pay for the most cheap of TV stand on market is not a smart move.:p

What you pay for is what you get

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure anyone noticed, but this went in stock yesterday at JL around 8pm and sold out around 12pm. I cancelled my Curry's order and got one from there instead with Protect Plus. It said 55 had been bought when I bought one of the last 3. So probably had around 60 in stock. They go really fast from JL! I hope I'm not going to regret it if prices drop in a few weeks due to BF (I can't see that happening though unless it's Curry's which seems to have infinite stock). I had signed up for JL notifications on this so I recommend doing the same if you want one w/ the burn in protection. I also got the 100 e-gift card and the FN4 earphones for free. :)

So you got 55inch OLED enjoy:D

Last edited:
Associate
Yes that's the image I have seen on amazon tempered glass breaking, if you buy a 55inch oled the weight of that is 19.5KG and 65inch is 32KG, I wouldn't take a risk on what Fitueyes claims it can hold and there is no 100% guarantee label on tempered glass, and if you claim your TV stand break do you think Fitueyes Honour the guarantee! NO they might evening blame you for over tightened bolts on the glass IMHO;) if people what to take a risk with what Fitueyes and other copies claims than more fool them, and spending £1,500 on an OLED TV and then only pay for the most cheap of TV stand on market is not a smart move.:p

The other weird thing is the base is about half the size of the Sanus one, yet it claims to hold twice as much weight. Yeah I have my doubts about it :D. Seems like a few people here have it without a problem however.

Associate
Thats where I managed to order from last night
do you know the defences on JL sale the BX is cheaper!

LG OLED55BX6LB - α7 Gen3 Processor 4K
LG OLED55CX6LA - α9 Gen3 Processor 4K Dark silver TV stand
LG OLED55CX5LB - α9 Gen3 Processor 4K silver colour TV stand
LG OLED55GX6LA - α9 Gen3 Processor 4K is designed to be wall-mounted

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
[QUOTE="nvarsj I also got the 100 e-gift card and the FN4 earphones for free. :)[/QUOTE]

Very lucky to get both, you could sell both on flebay for just under 200 to recoup some cost from insurance and tv, it was me who got JL to fix their website error otherwise no one was able to even add the FN4 earphones with the CX TV, even then they still did not thank me or provide the FN4s despite their mistake,
a bit poor service considering its JL but ho hum I only care about the cover.

Associate
Very lucky to get both, you could sell both on flebay for just under 200 to recoup some cost from insurance and tv, it was me who got JL to fix their website error otherwise no one was able to even add the FN4 earphones with the CX TV, even then they still did not thank me or provide the FN4s despite their mistake,
a bit poor service considering its JL but ho hum I only care about the cover.

Thanks!

FN4 is only selling for like 30-40 on ebay though (I think almost every buyer of an LG OLED must have put them on ebay :D), so I may just keep them as I lost my airpods somewhere.

Caporegime

Is burn in protection standard or do you have to buy their protect plus policy please?

Back
Top Bottom