** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Soldato
AMD showed a slide of 6800XT competing with 3080 with out these features enabled, independent reviews still needed obviously but if AMD can get products on the shelves this launch could be a huge win for AMD

They avoided Ray Tracing comparisons completely however.

In the end if you value that feature set 3080 is probably the way to go - AMD gives an alternative if you don't use Ray Tracing. Will of course need to see how independent reviewers cover it though.

Nice to see some genuine competition however. :)

Associate
Not sure how AMD perform with ray tracing on, will have to wait for reviews, but ampere doesn't improve ray tracing as can be seen on the RTX 3070 review when it was compared to to an RTX 2080 ti.
It was shown in the hardware unboxed review.

Associate
Are we all ready for a day of broken websites, scalpers, bots and extreme disappointment tomorrow?
Seen some stories that there is not a lot of stock to go around but i also suspect more people will now be waiting to see reviews of 6800 vs 3070 before buying, hopefully if you have made your decision to go 3070 you will get your card :)

Associate
Yeah I'm interested in RT and upscaling because the existing AMD stuff is just a very dump upscale and sharpening on the framebuffer. It is terrible compared to DLSS so in real world scenarios in games supporting these features Nvidia may still have the upper hand. Cannot wait for reviews!

Associate
Will 3079 come out at 1pm or 2pm, only cause the time went backwards, I want to make sure so I can take my break then and pre order it during break from work. Thanks.

Associate
Yeah I'm interested in RT and upscaling because the existing AMD stuff is just a very dump upscale and sharpening on the framebuffer. It is terrible compared to DLSS so in real world scenarios in games supporting these features Nvidia may still have the upper hand. Cannot wait for reviews!
I prefer the Green team, as Nvidia drivers are much better than AMD on Linux, you can game on Steam very well, but not so good with AMD. The FE likely to be unavailable, and OCUK AIB start £50 above MSRP of FE. If i was purely Windows user, would be looking at AMD as preference. so 65 minutes and counting

Associate
You should start trading 30 series futures on the stock market.

****ing **** show non-sense, pre-order scam.

If you don't have stock, you don't have stock, stop saying you have stock when you don't.

Associate
I prefer the Green team, as Nvidia drivers are much better than AMD on Linux, you can game on Steam very well, but not so good with AMD. The FE likely to be unavailable, and OCUK AIB start £50 above MSRP of FE. If i was purely Windows user, would be looking at AMD as preference. so 65 minutes and counting
Oh that's interesting. I thought AMD had the better open source support?

Associate
FE was on another UK supplier, buy now on Nvidia took you there, got one in basket went to checkout, site churned 10 minutes then went back to FE page with Out of Stock message. Didn't think it would get that far. Really want 3080, when dust settles so nothing lost. Will be ordering Ryzen 5800X so that's more important at moment when that is available.

Associate
I had one in my basket with the competitor from the very start and still didn't manage to make it through the checkout. How depressing.

Associate
Oh that's interesting. I thought AMD had the better open source support?
The open source drivers don't usually work too well with games, so the Nvidia official are available and work well. Quake 2 RTX gives identical FPS in the non steam native game, I got 40 FPS steady on high settings at 2560 x 1080. Suppose it comes down to what the AMD partner cards stack up like and whether AMD come through with decent drivers. the Quake 2 RTX won't run on AMD GPU as the RT is done differently.

Associate
I had one in my basket with the competitor from the very start and still didn't manage to make it through the checkout. How depressing.
Yes I did as well, just crapped out going to checkout. Was going to be for one of my lads boxes as I plan to upgrade to a 3440 x 1440 screen so watching the 3080 space

Associate
Lmao I think I got bumped, I heard 3070 strix non oc is going to come after the oc versions, I alr preordered 3070 strix non oc but I have a feeling I won't move in the queue. Idk if I shud just cancel my order

Back
Top Bottom