• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
It's hardly a next gen game though, if the Series S can't do that at 60fps then it doesn't give me much hope for later games. That said it might be just be a badly optimised game, too early to say.

It's not exactly a looker even by current gen standards. And to get a locked 60fps on Series X, resolution is dropped to 1080p ("Frame-rate Mode"). So the answer seems pretty obvious :p

Soldato
Had an e-mail from shop.to saying my reserved day one Series X needs to be paid for or I will lose it, I already have one ordered through Microsoft so will probably just let it go as I have no interest in reselling it, and all of my friends either have one or are holding off. Just hope nothing goes wrong.

Man of Honour
It's hardly a next gen game though, if the Series S can't do that at 60fps then it doesn't give me much hope for later games. That said it might be just be a badly optimised game, too early to say.

It doesn't even run at 1440p60 on the Series X. I'm really not sure what people are expecting.

Man of Honour
Well I ended up buying a 1Tb Crucial SSD for back compat titles. Should be more than enough to keep me with a few games on the go whilst preserving the internal storage for next gen titles. Eventually the expansion storage slot options will probably be cheaper and larger, so I’ll probably end up with one of those eventually.

Soldato
Well I ended up buying a 1Tb Crucial SSD for back compat titles. Should be more than enough to keep me with a few games on the go whilst preserving the internal storage for next gen titles. Eventually the expansion storage slot options will probably be cheaper and larger, so I’ll probably end up with one of those eventually.

I'm going to hold off until more reviews on storage have been done by those with access to loads of different options. The DF video only tested three against the official expansion. Whilst the sabrent adapter and SSD makes sense, from an aesthetic point-of-views, I'd like to see some enclosed drives tested.

Man of Honour
I'm going to hold off until more reviews on storage have been done by those with access to loads of different options. The DF video only tested three against the official expansion. Whilst the sabrent adapter and SSD makes sense, from an aesthetic point-of-views, I'd like to see some enclosed drives tested.

Mine will be hidden out the way at the back, so I’m not too fussed. Ultimately I’ll get the official expansion, but this should tide me over in the meantime, and relatively cheaply too. Given how little stock of SSDs seems to be about, I assume many others are doing the same.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I wonder what the chances of me being able to nab a series x on the monthly all access pass option.

I mean I’m hoping there will be some stock available in store to buy and apply. I know Game are saying you have to do in store but Smyths are saying people can still do it online etc.

Soldato
Mine will be hidden out the way at the back, so I’m not too fussed. Ultimately I’ll get the official expansion, but this should tide me over in the meantime, and relatively cheaply too. Given how little stock of SSDs seems to be about, I assume many others are doing the same.

I said aesthetics but I should also have added inquisitive, destructive kids into that as well! Something with a protective cover would be better for me!

Soldato
Had an e-mail from shop.to saying my reserved day one Series X needs to be paid for or I will lose it, I already have one ordered through Microsoft so will probably just let it go as I have no interest in reselling it, and all of my friends either have one or are holding off. Just hope nothing goes wrong.

If you're getting rid of it id love to get a preorder

Soldato
Not without an XBox.
Lol, of course it can’t download to the Xbox without an Xbox, how stupid do you think I am?! :) (Maybe don’t answer that :p )

I’m curious about the mechanics of it is all.

You’ll need to link an Xbox to the phone app. This is done during setup. So you’ll have to wait a bit. I haven’t seen any more info about this though. I think it was me posting a Twitter rumour.

Ah ok, after a bit of googling I found a couple of articles on it but they all seemed a bit vague still

Man of Honour
While we’re on the topic of downloading to Xbox, can you tell it to download straight to an external drive, or do you have to move it after it’s been downloaded?

Just a head's up, you can get AC Valhalla and Cyberpunk for £41 with discount code POPUPOCT20 on ebay.co.uk through Boss Deals. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/bossdealsstore. Not bad for next-gen titles!

Cheapest I’ve seen it, bargain.

Back
Top Bottom