• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**RTX 3070 REVIEW Thread**

Soldato
Was live for me, 1:02pm I started the process on the mobile before having to switch to the PC because the competitor site it was linking too were having similar issues to OCUK.

Ah okay. Maybe I needed to do a proper refresh. That's a shame, sounds like I would have beaten the rush if I saw that.

Ah well, got a Zotac ordered by 1.02pm.

Now I need to get a 6800 XT for second system.

Caporegime
I am surprised to see OcUK servers still struggled. Thought it would be smooth as they would be prepared this time. Also the forum still slowed down at times and keep logging me out. I am surprised that it seems it is still on the same server.

Going to be exactly the same when the 6s are released, just have to wait and see, if they do have a better supply.

Soldato
I think it's very clear now that Samsung is the main problem for this series of cards. Otherwise they wouldn't have so few 3070s to sell if it was GDDR6X to blame for shortages.

Associate
Not quite sure what happened with me. I added a 3070 to basket and it didn't say pre order. 10 minutes later the same card said pre order. Does that mean I got one in stock and as I paid next day it comes tomorrow, or is mine pre ordered now and they owe me for the next day delivery cost? So confused :) The FE's only linked to a competitors site and that crashed :)

Associate
must have been a glitch because on there website before the launch it said this for the 3070 "We are again expecting demand to outstrip stock allocation. In order to avoid potential technical difficulties and confusion, all products will go live as pre-orders and dispatched on a first-come, first-served basis."

Associate
Okay thanks, no point in my paying £10 for next day delivery then :)

I will query the £10 Monday if it hasn't arrived. He did say he had quite a few Palit cards, so we will see.

Associate
must have been a glitch because on there website before the launch it said this for the 3070 "We are again expecting demand to outstrip stock allocation. In order to avoid potential technical difficulties and confusion, all products will go live as pre-orders and dispatched on a first-come, first-served basis."

Turns out mine was in stock as I have a shipment email. SO all good :)

TrM

TrM

Associate
Is this better value then than the 6800? That will be £579 compared to the Zotac 3070 model of £530

who says the 6800 will be 579?(only amd card has a price not aib etc) amd will suffer the same issues as nvidia are. do u not expect that the 6800 aib models wont be at 650-700 pounds in stores? and the 6800xt wont match the 3080 prices in stores also for aib and pure out of stock?

doesnt matter how we look at it no tech that comes out from amd or nvidia will have the numbers for everyone to buy it. nvidia tried to help aib to produce cards at msrp for a rebate. amd wont do this.

compering fe vs amd refrance is one thing there the only 2 that will be close to the price but expect aib to be 100-150 more its the times we live in 3070 = a £550 3080 is £750 and i ecpect the 3800 and 3080 to have a good 125-150 pounds put ontop of there msrp .

Back
Top Bottom