• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
@kins888 nah, but I do see them dropping a 12gb 3090 (probably called a 3080Ti) at 1k which will perform pretty much identically in games and go head to head with the 6900XT.

I think the 24gb 3090 will stick around because there are always those guys that can use the extra vram for productivity and will pay the premium since there's no alternative in the price range.

Soldato
Do you think Nvidia will be forced to drop the price of the 3090?
If they don't they're stupid... they made the mistake of being cocky and making it out to be a gaming card, it's NOT a gaming card, so they have a couple of options:

1). Reduce it inline more with the 6900XT
2). Be stuborn and cary on charging upward of £1799 i can see them for sale
3). Actaully remove this from teh gaming stack, admit defeat and release those more as productivity cards which is what they are with their 24gb ram.

That's my thoughts anyway, however for gaming ALONE, you'd now have to be certifiable to buy a 3090 at current prices with what's going on... I was going to buy one of these possibly two then because I really wanted to stick with AMD, just waiting thinking they would have something up there... was right but my god thank god I didnt' rush in and buy one as now I'd be thinking what a tool I was. Like I say if you own a 3090 not taking the micky but for me personally that would go down as being trousers down and pummelled with a dry baguette

Associate
Has anyone tried going dual RX5700 on these titles.. supposedly they are mGPU compatible, wanted to know if they scale well with old navi

Rise of the Tomb Raider
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Hitman
Ashes of the Singularity
Total War: Warhammer
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Forza Motorsport 6: Apex
Forza Horizon 3
Gears of War 4
Battlefield 1
Civilization VI
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation
Deus Ex: Breach
Sniper Elite 4
Halo Wars 2
Total War: Warhammer II
Halo Recruit
Strange Brigade
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Hitman 2

Soldato
Of course I can't prove it but its pretty obvious... The only other competitor just happens to release cards at same price and performance?

As for dismissing AMD undercutting 3090... They haven't.... Look at my analysis. They showed an OC'd set of benchmarks against FE non OCd figures. If anything from a pure value perspective, 3090 is a better buy due to the increase in VRAM and software stack. Ultimately, both 3090 and 6900XT are rip off cards.

They haven't undercut the 3090?

:D

Associate
Here they come guys!
ElgHE28W0AACyLm

ElgL-CzWkAAzydz

ElgLuLcXIAAUnYl

ASUS-Radeon-RX-6800-XT-16GB-ROG-STRIX-OC-Graphics-Card2-e1603982265976.jpg

ElgLuN_XgAMa1tu

ElgLuQgXUAAuFDA

ASUS-Radeon-RX-6800-XT-16GB-TUF-OC-Graphics-Card2.jpg
ElgEpLMXUAUYm5v
ElgEqxmXYAEoTu2
ElgBqWfUcAIGPh3
ElgBsaBVkAUoLDM

Last edited:
Soldato
That Asus aio looks absolutely gorgeous!

Doesn't change the fact that I'd never buy a card from them for AMD though. I don't forget how awful they are that easily.

Soldato
OP
Interesting:
https://www.phoronix.com/forums/for...e-amd-radeon-rx-6000-series/page4#post1215694

agd5f X.Org ATI Driver Developer said:
Smart Access Technology works just fine on Linux. It is resizeable BAR support which Linux has supported for years (AMD actually added support for this), but which is relatively new on windows. You just need a platform with enough MMIO space. On older systems this is enabled via sbios options with names like ">4GB MMIO".

So it appears maybe the requirement for RDNA2 and Zen3 for Smart Access Memory maybe more a driver issue or Windows issue,than a hardware issue. In theory Zen2 should also work with it!

Associate

Doesn't change the fact that I'd never buy a card from them for AMD though. I don't forget how awful they are that easily.

i actually think it looks terrible lol, far too much RGB for my liking... plus the Asus Tax is real, that thing will be twice the price of the cheapest 6800XT

Associate
Sapphire looks good. Theyve gone sleek and stylish. Nice.

Thats the AMD Reference design, all the Partners will be selling that design in their own box.. its like the FE Basically, but with partner stickers lobbed on it. Rumors are Sapphire will have a Pulse, Nitro and a Toxic.. Vapor-X would also be nice :)

Soldato

Really?! :( Not a fan personally, looks hideous.

Sapphire looks good. Theyve gone sleek and stylish. Nice.
Yup, liking that very much!!

Soldato
Has anyone tried going dual RX5700 on these titles.. supposedly they are mGPU compatible, wanted to know if they scale well with old navi

Rise of the Tomb Raider
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
Hitman
Ashes of the Singularity
Total War: Warhammer
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Forza Motorsport 6: Apex
Forza Horizon 3
Gears of War 4
Battlefield 1
Civilization VI
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation
Deus Ex: Breach
Sniper Elite 4
Halo Wars 2
Total War: Warhammer II
Halo Recruit
Strange Brigade
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Hitman 2
NAVI architecture (certainly NAVI 10) wasn't Xfire compatible... annoyingly hence why I only bought one. I was praying that 6000 series just brought it back for the hell of it but nope, looks like it hasn't but would be sweet if they made it work. So, no, 5700XT xfire simply won't work in those titles. You'd have to go GCN and 570/580/590 AMD for xfire in those titles or simply run nVidia 1000/2000 series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom