• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I read the article on Eurogamer about the haptic feedback on the controller with Astro Playroom, it sounds like it could be really good if utilised properly. Certainly better than standard old rumble.

Soldato
https://www.kitguru.net/tech-news/m...is-only-5-larger-than-the-series-x-by-volume/

The article does say " That being said, due to the curved nature of the PS5’s design, in terms of volume, the PS5 takes up 7.2L, which when compared to the Series X’s 6.86L, only represents a size difference of 5%. Furthermore, the PS5 Digital Edition, which is equally as powerful as the PS5, only omitting the disc drive, lands at 6.4L – which falls under the Series X volume-wise."

PS5 is the same size as an OG Xbox One?

Some optimistic measuring going on there. Take a gander at any side-by-side pics. They aren't even remotely the same size.

Soldato
DF recommends that you play AstroBot if nothing more than to learn all the different uses of the controller. Also adding that it's a pretty great game in its own right. Yeah, I'll definitely be playing it.

Jesus Bluepoint what did you do? Demon's Souls looks incredible! If the haptic feedback works as well in this as Astrobot then it's going to feel something else when you're playing it. Tower Knight will wreck your wrists. Loved the magic effects too.

Last edited:
Soldato
I will because it's built in and is a good way to experience all the features of the controller. I'm not sure if I should buy a DS4 for my PS4 games or just hope they work ok with the 5.

I think the DS will work with ps4 games, it's just for the best experience ps4 games should be played with the DS4.

Then if some are a little off Sony can point out they told you for the best experience you should use the controller the games were designed to use.

Soldato
I think the DS will work with ps4 games, it's just for the best experience ps4 games should be played with the DS4.

Then if some are a little off Sony can point out they told you for the best experience you should use the controller the games were designed to use.

Yeah hopefully it's fine, I suppose there is no point in jumping the gun if I don't need to get one.

I have been very vocal on the "I'm not paying £70 for a game" front and now I'm actually considering buying the AC:V gold edition for £70. I recall last time I used Boomerang I got this thing where if I played something else I'd always have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I'm wasting time as I'm paying for a game I'm not playing.
Also I think if I pay that much for a game I'll likely only get one a month if that and I'll actually be more invested in the title. I suppose it doesn't harm to try with one before I decide what to do. Sometimes I wish I was 'normal'

Soldato
They ain't, the ps5 is a couple inches longer/taller

I know. I was simply highlighting how ridiculous it is to pretend the PS5 is "only 7.2L".

The official dimensions suggest it occupies 10.55L, but without the stand fitted and while omitting the "largest protrusion". So actual size is going to be some way larger than that. Which makes sense; it's quite evidently huge by console standards, being comfortably larger than Xbox, Xbox One, or PS3.

The "7.2L" figure seems a bit shaky TBH; it comes from a Japanese gaming site, without much explanation as to how they came to the figure. PS5 "uses a lot of curved surfaces, the width is narrowed from the center of the body to the edge, so the actual volume is about 7.2l". That seems... reliable :p They got that from the teardown video, presumably measuring by eyeball :eek: Just goes to show how easily led people can be.

Last edited:
Soldato
Who thinks they’ll actually bother to play Astro Playroom?

Looks a bit too kiddefied for me.

I'd you'd played Astrobot Rescue Mission VR you wouldn't say that! Honestly, for me that was the most groundbreaking platform game since Mario 64!

I hear it's more of an experience than a game but I'll definitely be checking out Astros Playroom.

Back
Top Bottom