Google Pixel 5

Soldato
They are not too bad.

I can sleep all night with them in without issue and for £100 they are a bargain.

I'm torn between them and the pixel buds. In my quest to usb-c all the things, it's a tad annoying that they are still using a micro socket. With the buds I'd also be buying into the ecosystem and built in software on the pixel 5.

Soldato
I'm torn between them and the pixel buds. In my quest to usb-c all the things, it's a tad annoying that they are still using a micro socket. With the buds I'd also be buying into the ecosystem and built in software on the pixel 5.
I'm very tempted by the Galaxy Buds Plus, for the price they seem to0 tick all the boxes. Only thing I don't particularly like is the shiny design.

Do you get warm ears when you wear them for a prolonged period of time?
i've listened to 2 songs so far with them :p but perhaps i will. i envisage using on the couch connected to the tv to play games late, and out and about. outside i'd have thought the cold air would even out any feeling of warmer than normal ears, but home it may get unconfortable.

i don't understand how noise cancelling works but it's amazing. i thought the headphones were simply thicker to block noise, or open to allow it in, and they were made that way so you pick one or the other. it's amazing that when you switch them on the room just goes so quiet.

Associate
well im absolutely gutted i ordered my pixel 5 on the 18th within the promotional window from currys and after 11 days of waiting they tell me there out of stock and are refunding me the money...

last time i ever use currys possibly the worst retail company in the UK, selling items they dont even have in stock... and now the bose offer is gone which was the only thing making the pixel 5 worth it cost wise.

tough one to swallow and now i have to look elsewhere for another phone :(

Associate
Someone remind me how it populate the top row of my app draw with the common apps I want there ?
It does it on it's own with most used apps I think.
You can long press on the home screen and then tap Home Settings then tap Suggestions for some more settings but I think you can only change the home screen suggestions if turned on.

Edit** If you dont want an app to appear in the suggestions in the app drawer then you can long press it and drag it to "Dont suggest this app"

Soldato
It does it on it's own with most used apps I think.
You can long press on the home screen and then tap Home Settings then tap Suggestions for some more settings but I think you can only change the home screen suggestions if turned on.

Edit** If you dont want an app to appear in the suggestions in the app drawer then you can long press it and drag it to "Dont suggest this app"

Thanks dude

Soldato
This morning will be a good test. Run to the gym, listening to music all the way, tracking sets and reps, it usually takes a good 20-30% out of my Pixel 4, so we'll see how the 5 copes now.

Battery definitely seems better after the reset. Things got disrupted yesterday and my routine had to change, so I didn't get a good comparison, but I think my jog to the gym and then home was around 18%, so much better.

I feel like yesterday I finally got battery life a bit closer to what some of you are getting. Yesterday morning was probably tougher for the phone than a usual gym trip. I spent 20 minutes on Zwift cycling (screen on) and then jogged 10 minutes to the gym, 45 minute work out, walk home, 20 minutes watching TV waiting for a haircut, then home. Almost all of this (aside actually having my hair cut) included streaming music or podcasts to Pixel Buds. With Zwift and the TV I would say it was a lot tougher than a normal gym morning, but I had 85% left after all of this. I'm reasonably sure my Pixel 4 would have been down below 50% and needing a charge before I went to work.

End of the day, 16hrs 30 off charge, SoT 3hrs 8 mins (I'm usually between 1hr and 1:30) still 22% left as I went to bed. Easily the heaviest day I would throw at it and it lasted just fine.

Back
Top Bottom