Beheading at Notre-Dame basilica in Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
[
Nothing to do with religion yet their final
Words invariably are 'God is the greatest'. Translated for your convenience.

How convenient that you didn't quote all of my last post :o

lol, I only came here to play islamic terrorist bingo.

"nothing to do with islam"
"mental illness"
"not real muslims"
"foreign policy"

We had them all yet?

I suppose the frequent attacks by muslims in, Egypt, Pakistan, India, Nigeria, DRC, Mali, Somalia, Niger..... are also nothing to do with religion?

Please show me where in the Bible or the Koran it shows that murdering people is acceptable? It doesn't.

Like I said before, sub-human scum using religion as an excuse for murder.

Soldato
[

Please show me where in the Bible or the Koran it shows that murdering people is acceptable? It doesn't.

'" Quran 9:5: "When the sacred forbidden months for fighting are past, fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, torture them, and lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Capodecina
Soldato
I think Islam needs to start modernising . . .
. . . and how exactly do you think that this modernisation can be enforced / encouraged?
Who do you think will bring about "modernisation" of religious belief?

There are "Christian" fundamentalists in America and probably elsewhere who feel that it is acceptable to attack people working in Family Planning and Abortion clinics. There are almost certainly Christian clergy who still believe that child abuse is to be tolerated.

In the interests of avoiding accusations of Anti-Semitism I will not comment on some of their strange beliefs (about which I don't actually know very much).

The problem is not unique to Islam, it is because some unevolved people believe in the existence of some "superior" being and the writings attributed to that being. Simply to say that those writings are no longer appropriate does rather suggest that they were guidelines for the time in which human beings declared them to be the "Word of God" and as such are pretty much irrelevant outside of that time.

What do the various Holy Books say about food banks I wonder? What do they say about being paid a salary via a non-repayable loan via an offshore trust?

Incidentally, killing or harming anybody at all because of your belief in any "superior" entity is ALWAYS wrong; beheading anyone because you believe (or don't believe) complete nonsense should never be considered justifiable.

. . . sub-human scum using religion as an excuse for murder.
Sadly, I don't think they are using it as an "excuse" for killing complete strangers, I suspect that they actually believe that they are doing God's work.

Soldato
It's incredible when the same members here align the views of extremists with the general views of those that follow the religion.
Perhaps a gentle reminder that Islam is followed by 25% of the World population and if it was as corrupt to the core as some like to make out then there'd be a lot more incidents.

Soldato
It's incredible when the same members here align the views of extremists with the general views of those that follow the religion.
Perhaps a gentle reminder that Islam is followed by 25% of the World population and if it was as corrupt to the core as some like to make out then there'd be a lot more incidents.

Those Muslim majority countries are such bastions of human rights aren't they. Oh wait...

Soldato
Those Muslim majority countries are such bastions of human rights aren't they. Oh wait...

And you attribute that to the religion rather than the socio economic policies of the government as just one example?

Also consider the population density and the ratio of such incidents in those countries.

What about Mexico or Brazil? What's the % Muslim population there?

Soldato
Perhaps a gentle reminder that Islam is followed by 25% of the World population and if it was as corrupt to the core as some like to may out then there'd be a lot more incidents.
No-one that I have seen suggests the general views align with the extremists. That's why they are called extremists. As a percentage yes they are small, but in broad terms the numbers are anything but insignificant. It varies massively depending on which country you are in and what question you ask. Whether it's its supporting the killings of blasphemers, gays, womens rights etc. the numbers are not encouraging.

Yes we shouldn't paint groups as having a singular view but lets not be naive to them either. Polling data is available if you only care to look.

Caporegime
Are you saying the 800 bodies found at the Mother & Baby Homes were in fact different bodies and that in fact the 800 bodies are from the 19th century famine? Or...?

I'm so confused by what you're trying to say. I really mean this.

No 800 bodies have not been found. It's speculation by a historian.
Some bodies have been found and tested and included miscarried children and very young infants who probably unfortunately died from birth defects, disease and potentially malnourishment.
Other bodies nearby are famine victims.

Please could you tell me how any of that relates to Islamic extremists beheading a woman in the street?

Caporegime
'" Quran 9:5: "When the sacred forbidden months for fighting are past, fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, torture them, and lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Indeed but useful if you quote the full passage and context although Mohamed did incite violence and murder on this occasion as he wanted his people to fight even though it went against Allah's previous instructions.

Sura 9 (At-Tawbah) was revealed a year after Muhammad had taken control of Mecca. It starts off as a declaration of disassociation from those pagan Meccans who had not complied with the surrender treaty. The beginning ayat of this sura are actually about announcing and justifying the establishment of the first Islamic state (in the Hijaz region of Arabia). It covers everything -- from the prior violation of treaties, to admonishing Muhammad's followers not to fear the approaching violent conflict. The beginning of sura 9 was read in Mecca's public places to inform residents and visiting pilgrims that they had only a little time to get their affairs in order and seek safe shelter outside the Hijaz. If they choose to stay, they would have to convert to Islam or else be attacked and killed (or imprisoned).

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

Quoting it as you have implied "wherever you find them" means anywhere in the world whereas it specifically meant Mecca after the truce was due to end in 4 months.

Caporegime
what has GD come to where concentration camps are being raised as a seemingly serious option.

Crops up at least once a year. In fact that last time this was debated people went further and said every Muslim should be put in a concentration camp just to be on the safe side

Soldato
Crops up at least once a year. In fact that last time this was debated people went further and said every Muslim should be put in a concentration camp just to be on the safe side

I guess president Xi took that advice :p

And you attribute that to the religion rather than the socio economic policies of the government as just one example?

Also consider the population density and the ratio of such incidents in those countries.

What about Mexico or Brazil? What's the % Muslim population there?

They base all their laws on their holy book though. Women must cover up, execute people who disagree with the book, you can beat your wife, etc.

We used to do the same in Europe, but we modernised long ago because we realised it couldn't continue as it was.

Soldato
Indeed but useful if you quote the full passage and context although Mohamed did incite violence and murder on this occasion as he wanted his people to fight even though it went against Allah's previous instructions.

Quoting it as you have implied "wherever you find them" means anywhere in the world whereas it specifically meant Mecca after the truce was due to end in 4 months.
What I replied to is still accurate. It doesn't matter whether is was restricted to a certain location. We could talk about the penalty for apostasy but I don't want this to descend to the usual stuff. We've all been there before and I don't want to go round in circles. I dont expect either of us will change our position.

The wider discussion is that there is clearly an issue that needs to be addressed and denying certain facts isn't going to get us anywhere.

Soldato
Can't say I'm surprised, and it's sad to say but attacks like this are just going to get more and more common because this is what happens when you allow a barbaric, medieval ideology that is incompatible with a civilised society to get a foothold and fester in your country. Islam isn't going to change, that much is pretty damn obvious, so if they want an end to attacks like this then there has got to be some pretty radical action taken.

Soldato
[

Oh please, so why don't christians, jews or hindus also carry out so many atrocities using their ideology as an "excuse".

Nope, what you would have is weekly terrorist attacks in its name amongst other barbarisms like FGM.

Nearly every terrorist group in the world is Islamic based, are you that willfully ignorant?

Caporegime
China are persecuting all religions not just Muslims specifically, why? because they're Communist's and won't tolerate people worshipping a higher authority than them.

Religious freedom should be protected like in the US the problem is western governments have systematically let in violent and intolerant zealots, anyone saying that any or all religions should be banned are basically proposing thought crime. If belief in religion is criminalised because it's deemed to be bad for society then what's next? criticism of government? it's going to be a slippery slope into an even more intolerant (of ideas and individuals) society. I don't want to live in a country where people are persecuted for their beliefs just because the government brought in some people who are hostile and intolerant of our enlightenment values like free expression, free thought and free speech. We should fight to protect our values not start attacking them ourselves. I like that Macron actually stood up for them rather than going the way of further censorship and attacks on freedom in the name of security.

Last edited:

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I've got news for you: much of the Islamosphere does not.

Most leaders in the 'islamophere' do liv
Can't say I'm surprised, and it's sad to say but attacks like this are just going to get more and more common because this is what happens when you allow a barbaric, medieval ideology that is incompatible with a civilised society to get a foothold and fester in your country. Islam isn't going to change, that much is pretty damn obvious, so if they want an end to attacks like this then there has got to be some pretty radical action taken.

I'd say Islam has changed, at least in how it's understood by Muslims and non-Muslims alike.

These barbaric acts weren't common until relatively recently, and the fact that the Muslim nations are fractured and some run by dictators doesn't help since there's no single unified leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom