• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
He was wrong about the 15% and his speculation on the nvidia cards having a coprocessor but his “die shot” was spot on... so you can’t really hold that up as one of his many failings.

https://twitter.com/Underfox3/status/1321494618156969985?s=20
Exactly, it's from the PS5 die.

https://i.ibb.co/qyv4yG1/ps5die.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/r5f2YFg/ps5die2.jpg
-----------------------------------------------------

Folk need to remember he said he photoshoped around the die. So it distorts the die image.

Besides, if he had any knowledge of the card why would he claim 2080ti +15%?
Come on folk must critically think of this as a whole.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just as a heads up, due to the complexity of these new chips and the high speeds, Nvidia did 3 chip bins for AIBs to buy, if AMD follow suit the difference in perf. could be up to 15% between bottom and top tier.

But what's an extra 100-200 mhz going to get you in terms of framerate? You'll probably get that with very a mild overclock. I think for most people that want to play games rather than benchmark, the difference in performance will be much less significant than the difference in price.

Caporegime
Oh dear....

I'm in MLID discord, pretty pro AMD place and couple of the guys have some spot on sources. Couple of people reporting from their AIB sources (Asus being one) that 68XX availability is going to be worse than Nvidia 3080.

Huge supply issue with bga substrate which is gonna restrict supply of ref and partner cards massively.

Smells like pish, especially when they strongly hinted via twitter it would have good availability.

Associate
This is translated Chinese text. Related to BGA substrate issue affecting 68** series.

Tony is Asus General Manager. "68 series has less cargo than 3080.."

This posted by a guy who gave us info in the discord on rage mode etc way before event launch. He confirmed it affects all AIBs and ref.

Screenshot-20201029-153956-1.jpg

Also raw Chinese version if someone wants to do manual translation

Screenshot-20201029-083123.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry if it's been asked but I can't find an answer. How does this Smart access memory differ from hardware accelerated GPU scheduling? It's sounds the same to me.

Soldato
Oh dear....

I'm in MLID discord, pretty pro AMD place and couple of the guys have some spot on sources. Couple of people reporting from their AIB sources (Asus being one) that 68XX availability is going to be worse than Nvidia 3080.

Huge supply issue with bga substrate which is gonna restrict supply of ref and partner cards massively.
rubbish.

just building hype

Soldato
This is translated Chinese text. Related to BGA substrate issue affecting 68** series.

This posted by a guy who gave us info in the discord on rage mode etc way before event launch. He confirmed it affects all AIBs and ref.

Well it must be true if Chinese Tony says so.

Associate
Well it must be true if Chinese Tony says so.

"Chinese Tony" as you call it is Asus General Manager... Even have his LinkedIn.

Again MLID discord is very pro AMD, would be the last place you'd see people who have reputation for reliablely leaking info earlier to do so one as negative as this for AMD.

Soldato
This is "Chinese Tony" BTW....

https://cn.linkedin.com/in/tony-yu-40474724

Again MLID discord is very pro AMD, would be the last place you'd see people who have reputation for reliablely leaking info earlier to do so one as negative as this for AMD.

I don't know if this is genuine or not but can I ask why, if you have been in this Discord for some time and seen info for example on Rage mode, that you didn't come and post it here?

If Tony genuinely knows how many units he has then why isn't he giving more numbers and more factual information?

Im not saying its not genuine but one line in a Discord needs more substantiating surely?

Associate
I don't know if this is genuine or not but can I ask why, if you have been in this Discord for some time and seen info for example on Rage mode, that you didn't come and post it here?

If Tony genuinely knows how many units he has then why isn't he giving more numbers and more factual information?

Im not saying its not genuine but one line in a Discord needs more substantiating surely?

Because it wasn't big news, this is. I also don't like repeating stuff from there to much in respect of the users but I asked Gnasherrr if I can post this elsewhere and he was OK with it.

Soldato
i think over long term, AMD has far more leverage than NVidia. the future games will be adopting AMD's approach on RT and scaling far more than Nvidia. which developer will be crazy enough to adapt 2 game engines just to get HW raytracing on Nvidia. Cyberpunk might be the big title coming out wiht nvidia supported RT but that will be minority of games in the future.

AMD will just get better at RT and scaling down the line. everyone talks about RT being the game changer as well. i dont see it being the case this gen. it will be the next gen GPU and the wider adoption of RT (AMD way) that will make RT mainstream. by then AMD will have HW RT worked out and scaling like DLSS.

I think you are misunderstanding a few things about Ray Tracing. RDNA 2 does have Hardware accelerated Ray Tracing.

And there isn't AMD's Ray tracing or Nvidia's Ray Tracing in the way that you mean. There is just Ray Tracing. The game engine will just use whichever hardware is available. And if there isn't a card capable of HW Ray Tracing then the game engine will use the software fallback layer provided by Vulkan now and Dx12 Ultimate when it's released later this year.

Soldato

This is FUD. Come on people.
He has no information on what the numbers are between AMD/Nvidia nor was he motived enough to make something up.
This is getting comical. Lets not forget that coretek was right about RTX well before it was released. Yet got everything else wrong regarding this release.

If it's remotely true there is a BGA Subsrtate shortage where is the actuall reporting of this?
And to further add, it's not an AMD/Nvidia issue. It would be an issue for the entire tech. market. Therefore, reporting it as "AMD is just as bad as nvidia so nvidia is fine" implication would still be a false one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom