• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Start of convo. Gnasherrr often posts spot on info ahead of time, like info on rage mode etc before event.

Screenshot-20201029-183330-Discord.jpg

Ok well it might be true, or it might not. We don't have any numbers quoted, just a one line statement, and we don't know for sure this guy Tony who is posting on the Discord is even the genuine Tony do we?

We don't even know how many 3080's Nvidia had. If this guy is genuinely involved at Asus then he should know numbers and he should know production schedules and all sorts.

Even if its true there's nothing we can do about it unfortunately, just got to hope it isn't.

Soldato
Directly contradicts what Frank Azor has said so basically it’s nonsense until proven otherwise.

I certainly hope so. Could be a recent production issue that came up after his comments but AMD are going to get absolutely roasted if it turns out to be true.

Fingers crossed it’s gibberish!

Soldato
Don't think I believe these people but wouldn't be surprised if it turns out true. As much as I wish AMD had a better handle on stock than Nvidia, I don't have that much faith it will turn out that way.

Associate
A supply issue? be that as it may wouldn't that also effect Nvidia? its just that he said supply would be even less than the 3080, if there is a BGA Substrate supply issue that effects Nvidia too.

His source is taking him for a ride.

Depends on supplier. Also remember, Samsung have their own BGA substrate plant, started shipping from it back in 2006.

Soldato
A BGA Sub. issue would effect the entire Tech Market. And would make global news. News I've not come across. So it's just FUD and to be ignored.

There is no such thing as a BGA Sub. shortage for just an AIB. Or any singled out set of AIBs for that matter. It would be an issue for the entire market.

Where is the multi news outlets reporting on this shortage, ROFL
:D

Associate
A BGA Sub. issue would effect the entire Tech Market. And would make global news. News I've not come across. So it's just FUD and to be ignored.

There is no such thing as a BGA Sub. shortage for just an AIB. Or any single, grouped AIB for that matter. It would be an issue for the entire market.

Depends on the supplier lined up, there isn't just one supplier for the entire tech market. If the particular supplier lined up has had issues and others can't meet the immediate need.

Soldato
Seriously guys, look out at the world. Tech items are experience all kinds of shortages. Look at the Xbox series X and PS5?

I don't know if this particular rumour is true or not. But, would it really surprise anyone if there were shortages of AMD GPUs at launch?

A supply issue? be that as it may wouldn't that also effect Nvidia? its just that he said supply would be even less than the 3080, if there is a BGA Substrate supply issue that effects Nvidia too.

His source is taking him for a ride.

Have you not looked at the Nvidia stock levels lately? Nvidia seems pretty damn affected if you ask me!!

Caporegime
It would also affect far more than just gpu’s wouldn’t it?

Yes, everything semiconductor uses a BGA substrate. if there is a supply issue it would affect everyone. if one supplier has a problem you go to one of dozens of different ones, it simply cannot get to the stage where one of dozens of semiconductor companies has a BGA supply issue but no one else does.

This is none sense.

Permabanned
Anyhoo I’m calling bs until shown otherwise. Could just be misinformation to stop people cancelling their 3080 orders.

In that case I hope everyone stick with their nvidia orders until i have me some Amd shiny goodness. :D

Associate
Chinese Tony probably ****** off they backed the wrong horse..

No secret Gigabyte, Asus and MSI serve both AMD and Nvidia but make more cash from Nvidia, wouldn't surprise me if AMD favoured their tier1 partners for stock, Sapphire, Powercolor, XFX etc as thats where the majority of their sales come from.

Would love to see a breakdown by partner for AMD, i bet Sapphire are the biggest seller and Powercolor not far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom