• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The thread which sometimes talks about RDNA2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Youre not getting it.

I am BGA substrate supplier. I supply all of TSMCs BGA substrate for AMD PS5, Xbox Series X and AMD GPUs. I have an issue, the supply i can give is hit by x%.... What product likely loses out and is most hit by that, the consoles which will be seen as tier 1 priority with ironclad agreements with AMD and TSMC or AMDs dGPUs.

Oh i see, so you're an industry insider, you could have told us this yourself, you didn't really need "pro AMD" guy, you didn't need to relay this information from Mr pro AMD, which of course being pro AMD mean's it must be true... right? but it aint good enough so now you so now hear this from Mr BGA substrate supplies himself.

Well that changes everything, now i really am sold on it.

Forget it guys, don't cancel your Ampere orders, stay in that queue AMD have problems and there aren't going to be any cards. Fancy that, what a stroke of luck for Nvidia.

Soldato
So just to clarify in my little mind.

1) A 6800XT would be a substantial jump from a Vega 56 and should last me a good few years?
2) Stick with Sapphire cards (I have a Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 currently)

Associate
Oh i see, so you're an industry insider, you could have told us this yourself, you didn't really need "pro AMD" guy, you didn't need to relay this information from Mr pro AMD, which of course being pro AMD mean's it must be true... right? but it aint good enough so now you so now hear this from Mr BGA substrate supplies himself.

Well that changes everything, now i really am sold on it.

Forget it guys, don't cancel your Ampere orders, stay in that queue AMD have problems and there aren't going to be any cards. Fancy that, what a stroke of luck for Nvidia.

Industry insider? Its common sense, all manufacturing will have tier levels for their customers and products. From electronics, food, clothing etc.

Different levels of guarantees when a supply issue hits.

Caporegime
Industry insider? Its common sense, all manufacturing will have tier levels for their customers and products. From electronics, food, clothing etc.

Different levels of guarantees when a supply issue hits.

I think Asus have too many Ampere chips on contracted pre order and now they are afraid they can't shift them because Nvidia actually have a competitor that no one saw coming.

Soldato

1) A 6800XT would be a substantial jump from a Vega 56 and should last me a good few years?
i love my nitro, used sapphire for many moons, my 64 nitro only running on 2 fans and still o/c fine, i will be buying the sapphire, unless they screw it up, which is highly unlikely

Associate

I have the Vega 64 currently and will definitely be taking the plunge.
Hopefully a 6900XT for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom