Hermes parcel not received?!?

Soldato
Hi guys, I am fuming basically ordered 2 separate parcels, both were left with next door neighbour. One photo which showed parcel I picked up from neighbour. The other photo which showed the same neighbours property but no parcel in sight was delivered four minutes later. So I am guessing the driver took it? :S What can I do guys? It is some lovely trainers aswell. Cheers

Soldato
Nothing makes my heart drop more than when I see something is sent via Hermes.

Those clowns couldn't scrape together one measly F word between all the employees to give to those waiting on their packages. Honestly by far the worst courier company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. Massive bunch of useless and careless chumps.

I literally only just deleted something from their pathetic exercise of an app that was tracking something which was sent back in June!

Hi guys, I am fuming basically ordered 2 separate parcels, both were left with next door neighbour. One photo which showed parcel I picked up from neighbour. The other photo which showed the same neighbours property but no parcel in sight was delivered four minutes later. So I am guessing the driver took it? :S What can I do guys? It is some lovely trainers aswell. Cheers
First thing to do is post on the internet
Second thing to do when you are ready would be to contact Hermes or the sender. But do not rush it.

Permabanned
You can’t say it was the delivery driver. You need to prove it.

If I was you first step is to post on a forum and ask, second phone the delivery company then third make a cuppa tea n chill. I don’t think you going to be able to do much with this. Unless the company refunds you under a claim. You will have to raid that though.

Soldato

Those clowns couldn't scrape together one measly F word between all the employees to give to those waiting on their packages. Honestly by far the worst courier company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. Massive bunch of useless and careless chumps.

I literally only just deleted something from their pathetic exercise of an app that was tracking something which was sent back in June!

They lost a parcel of mine recently. Their contact page is incredible. There’s images of five different people who appear to be waiting and ready to answer the phone. But they don’t have a phone number that goes through to a human. And you can’t chat with them, it’s some awful robot.

I’ll never send anything over £25 with them again.

Soldato
Ordered some wireless headphones on 14th October, checked my Amazon to see why they hadn’t turned up yet... “Delivery By Hermes”

ugh. Yeah I’ll take a refund.

Soldato
I've always been puzzled as to why a company would choose a name that rhymes with herpes. Did no-one around the conference table, as they agreed upon the brand, intervene and point at the obvious?

Though the Greek God Hermes is associated with speed and good luck. So, that might be a reason. Though he is also regarded as a divine trickster and the protector of thieves. So, there you go. :p

Man of Honour
I've always been puzzled as to why a company would choose a name that rhymes with herpes. Did no-one around the conference table, as they agreed upon the brand, intervene and point at the obvious?

Though the Greek God Hermes is associated with speed and good luck. So, that might be a reason. Though he is also regarded as a divine trickster and the protector of thieves. So, there you go. :p
It's not a British company. The rest of Europe pronounces it " 'Ermezz"

Soldato
Shhh. You know the staff have their own forum

Hhmm

Not been on there for a while and it appears to have gone.....Wonder if Hermes pushed and had it taken down

Caporegime
Contact the sender. Let them deal with the hassle.

Dpd is the best.

After them Amazon.

After them parcel force and ups.

Royal mail are good too for smaller cheaper stuff.

Ones to avoid are yodel and myhermes. I bought something from ghd. A very expensive hair dryer and they used myhermes. I don't understand why luxury companies with expensive products risk reputation to save a quid per parcel.

The profit margin must be decent enough on a £100 hair dryer to spend an extra quid for dpd.

Caporegime
Contact the sender. Let them deal with the hassle.

Dpd is the best.

After them Amazon.

After them parcel force and ups.

Royal mail are good too for smaller cheaper stuff.

Ones to avoid are yodel and myhermes. I bought something from ghd. A very expensive hair dryer and they used myhermes. I don't understand why luxury companies with expensive products risk reputation to save a quid per parcel.

The profit margin must be decent enough on a £100 hair dryer to spend an extra quid for dpd.

Have I highlighted the important parts of your post correctly?

Soldato
Except it doesn't, because if the board were all continental Europeans it would not have crossed their minds that the English pronunciation of Hermes rhymes with herpes. That was kind of the whole point of my post.

But if they're entering the english market you'd have thought they'd have someone on board to point this out to them? Ford Pinto springs to mind. "We shall call our UK branch 'Vonorrhea'"

Soldato
OP
OK guys, before any of you guy take a stab at me I just finished work and had someone at home tell me. I did have a look at their contact number and they close at 4pm. The delivery was made at 15:56 and the other that I did get was at 15:52. Fortunately my neighbours has got security camera installed right at the front of their house.

Man of Honour
Classic Hermes.

Yup, every time. Had hundreds of pounds worth of tailored shirts go missing with them even though they had been ‘delivered’. Fortunately they couldn’t be bothered to even argue it with the retailer and I got my money back.

My turtle beach headphones were sent with them recently and my heart sank. Fortunately they arrived safely, somehow.

Back
Top Bottom