UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27th-29th Oct 2020]

Soldato
Finishing his career like he started it.

Struggled in our game to get past the parked bus, but as usual with these sort of matches if you get a scrappy goal and their plan goes to pot the subsequent goals come a lot easier. Another Thursday night classic... *tumbleweed*

Isnt helped when teams are rotated as much as they are. Spurs will regret that imo as getting out of their group early should have been the priority atm

Soldato
Gave Willock and Nelson a run out at least, and a debut for Balogun.

Just hope at the weekend they play like they did in the first half against Everton (and finish chances) and not the second...

fez

fez

Caporegime
Spurs really are a budget outfit once you take Son and Kane out of their team. I wonder how much their goal total would drop if you took those two out. 70%?

Associate
Spurs really are a budget outfit once you take Son and Kane out of their team. I wonder how much their goal total would drop if you took those two out. 70%?

20% absolute max. You could say the same about Martial and Rashford, the goals would partially be replaced it's not like those goals never get scored by someone else. I dunno though would you rather be a bargain basement outfit with those two removed or a team that looks a bargain basement outfit but has spent 60-90m here and there but have Luke Shaw as Left back. :D

fez

fez

Caporegime
20% absolute max. You could say the same about Martial and Rashford, the goals would partially be replaced it's not like those goals never get scored by someone else. I dunno though would you rather be a bargain basement outfit with those two removed or a team that looks a bargain basement outfit but has spent 60-90m here and there but have Luke Shaw as Left back. :D

can’t tell anyone if you are serious... who else is going to score the goals?

Associate
can’t tell anyone if you are serious... who else is going to score the goals?

Whoever they replace him with or goals come from other areas in the team. When Ronaldo left United they didn't stop scoring 70% of the goals he scored. You only have to look at Spurs league goals scored every year in the EPL to see there's never a 70% swing between having a Kane and not having him. Same when Bale left. Teams don't just fold up like that, even Spurs.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Whoever they replace him with or goals come from other areas in the team. When Ronaldo left United they didn't stop scoring 70% of the goals he scored. You only have to look at Spurs league goals scored every year in the EPL to see there's never a 70% swing between having a Kane and not having him. Same when Bale left. Teams don't just fold up like that, even Spurs.

I'm not saying you wouldn't score goals but you aren't producing from any other areas. I would expect a 50% drop in goals without Son and Kane in that side.

My point is that very few teams are as reliant on two players for all their goals as Spurs. The drop off in quality outside those two is massive. If United lost Martial and Rashford we would still have Cavani, Greenwood, Fernandes, Ighalo and Pogba sticking in goals.

Spurs have 16 goals this season with 13 of them coming from Son and Kane (3 top scorer is with 1 goal).

Back
Top Bottom