Looking to change up my audio setup

Associate
Hi all

I've got two audio wrinkles i would like to get around and am unsure whether a combined or separate solutions are better.

When gaming i use a q1330 headset driven from the onboard sound on my msi b450 mobo 12xx codec i believe. I think it sounds ok, though i dont have anything to compare against.

Problem A. Where I would ideally place the tower the cable only just reaches, and to a lesser extent the lack of a physical volume control isnt ideal. If i were to buy something i would like something that does game sound better than what i have currently.

Problem B. I would like to use speakers for non gaming use and have a pair of small passive speakers to use but I dont have room for the full size AV amp i was using previously.

I havent set a budget, 50 notes would be brilliant, 200 is doable for something that would be perfect - somewhere under preferable.

thanks in advance

Associate
Problem A - Search for refurbished Sound Blaster X G6 @ £69.99 or there abouts (although I can't find your headset in Google so have no idea what you are using)
Problem B - Search Google for 2 channel Bluetooth amplifier by Nobsound for about £33

The tiny amp is not bad at all - I did have an AVR amp powering some Wharfedale 220's but moved to this small amp and was surprised at its performance.

The G6 is (IMO) a fantastic bit of kit with decent headphones. Also has a mic input, etc. And its USB powered with a physical volume control.

Associate
OP
hi, thanks for the reply. There was a typo in my post sorry im using a pair of q1339 or to give the fuller title beyerdynamic qh 1339.

do the refurb g6s come and go? there is only one i can see at that price, the rest up near 100 notes should i be running towards it like a drunk to a kebab?

love the name of the small amp, would make me smile at least, I actually bought a honing steel by D*ck for that very reason. Do they really do the job for that cheap? Anything to gain by spending a little more? I started to look into those cheaper amps a little while back and gave myself a headache

Caporegime
I have a smsl AD18

There isn't anything with its functionality for the price.

Bluetooth In (I use this for Spotify controlled by my phone)
Headphone out 3.5mm (I use this for my denon d2000
Passive speaker out (I use this for my B&W 607s)
USB in (use this for my pc and laptop)

There's also an optical in and a subwoofer out which I don't use.

Its amazing really for what it does.

Soldato
That's very good headset based on DT770, which is capable to really nice immersion with binaural sound.
Creative has godo HRTF algorithms.

Associate
I tend to use my headphones more than my speakers (712 Pro with the G6).

As for the little amp - so far it drives my speakers well enough for what I use them for. The sound is a little more clinical coming from a Yamaha amp, but like I said above I maily use headphones and the desk speace saving is worth it. The G6 is a cracking bit of kit and no doubt would sound great on your headset.

I think I paid 74.99 for mine as that includes shipping and a years warranty. They do float in and out of stock though.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Problem A - Search for refurbished Sound Blaster X G6 @ £69.99 or there abouts (although I can't find your headset in Google so have no idea what you are using)
Problem B - Search Google for 2 channel Bluetooth amplifier by Nobsound for about £33

The tiny amp is not bad at all - I did have an AVR amp powering some Wharfedale 220's but moved to this small amp and was surprised at its performance.

The G6 is (IMO) a fantastic bit of kit with decent headphones. Also has a mic input, etc. And its USB powered with a physical volume control.

I have a smsl AD18

There isn't anything with its functionality for the price.

Bluetooth In (I use this for Spotify controlled by my phone)
Headphone out 3.5mm (I use this for my denon d2000
Passive speaker out (I use this for my B&W 607s)
USB in (use this for my pc and laptop)

There's also an optical in and a subwoofer out which I don't use.

Its amazing really for what it does.

thanks gents for your opinions. For the moment @brakeinup I've gone with your suggestion for suggestion for option A, good find thank you. Im going to continue to research small amps to death and remove all enjoyment out of a relatively cheap small purchase. :rolleyes::D

Caporegime
thanks gents for your opinions. For the moment @brakeinup I've gone with your suggestion for suggestion for option A, good find thank you. Im going to continue to research small amps to death and remove all enjoyment out of a relatively cheap small purchase. :rolleyes::D

That's exactly same as me!
Took me ages to work out which speakers I wanted!

Back
Top Bottom