Beheading at Notre-Dame basilica in Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
people still using religion for murder.
Indeed.

Wrong again, it's the main reason they carry out these attacks, they don't shout "IN THE NAME OF NOTHING", do they. I don't know why this simple concept is so hard for some people to grasp.
You seem to be finding it hard to grasp, fundamentalists use religion as an excuse, when in reality they just enjoy killing people, no matter what their 'belief' or 'in the name of'.

Permabanned
Caporegime
You seem to be finding it hard to grasp, fundamentalists use religion as an excuse, when in reality they just enjoy killing people, no matter what their 'belief' or 'in the name of'.

Hardly, they blow themselves up expecting to go to paradise, how many serial killers do that? People that enjoy killing do so in secret and hide the bodies because they don't want to get caught, they don't do public beheadings.

Soldato
Hardly, they blow themselves up expecting to go to paradise, how many serial killers do that? People that enjoy killing do so in secret and hide the bodies because they don't want to get caught, they don't do public beheadings.
Who mentioned serial killers :confused:
People who enjoy killing do so in secret and hide the bodies, what on earth are you taking about? So those who do public beheadings don't enjoy it? Ok, you clearly have a source for that claim please do share.

Caporegime
Is there a timeline of this kind of thing, with only Islamic motivation? It'd be interesting to see as it certainly feels like this is becoming a more common occurrence but it could well be a complete misconception.

You do have to wonder at what point the west is going to get fed up. I'll be honest, I've avoided tarring these people with the same brush but it's getting harder and harder when every time it's people with common denominators, now beheading someone in front of the public at one of the west's largest religious institutions.

At some point something's gotta give and I think we're inching closer to it tbh.

Permabanned
Excuse me? Left? When have you ever seen me post my political stance? :rolleyes:

Well you are saying exactly what the left media and BBC say. They try to make excuses everytime Islam strikes or blame it on a few bad eggs but never actual Islam. So that is why i said left i would be shocked if you were not SNP Labour or Lib Dem.

Another thing the BBC worship is immigration like many here i was banned for saying all migrants need to go back before Europe exploded and a refugee charity donating moderator suspending me. But look at this crown jewel of truth and justification i found on the BBC.

Police sources earlier named the attacker as Brahim Aioussaoi. They said he had travelled by boat from Tunisia to the Italian island of Lampedusa in September. He was placed in coronavirus quarantine there before being released and told to leave Italy.

Soldato
Indeed.

Oh right ok so there's just an awful lot of muslims that enjoy killing people then it seems, thanks again for proving my point.

Not an awful lot of christian and jewish terror groups knocking around on this list.... but ah, silly me, it must be a coincidence that most are Islamic based.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...nt_data/file/901434/20200717_Proscription.pdf

Last edited:
Soldato
No, you don't. Please let me know when was the last mass shooting where they specifically said they did it in the name of Jesus. Go on, i'll wait.
Where they specifically say 'in the name of Jesus' (because that's not specifically what I said...), or just where they are claiming to be Christians who did it for (their idea of) religious reasons?
In the case of the former - Not my assertion, but I'm sure there are a few, nonetheless.

If the latter - Well, in just the last 10 years...
There was that guy (who shall remain nameless) in New Zealand last year, who was obssessed with historic Christian battles/victories over Islamic people. I'd also add the Oslo guy that this guy claimed contact with, since he claimed to be a Christian too when he bombed Oslo and killed 8 people, before going on to shoot another 69 dead.
Then there's the shooter of Colorado Springs (who did actually mention Jesus specifically), the El Paso shooter from last year (who I believe claimed motivation by God), the Pitsburgh Synagogue shooter, the Poway Synagogue shooter...

Just a few quickies, as I know you said you'd wait but I'm not morbid enough (and really don't have the time) to trawl every single one (of the many, many, many) mass shootings that have happened this past decade. But there's enough to support my assertion that Christians do still go nuts and kill people... specifically shooting several people, and I'm sure the numbers would be even higher if you included multiple killings with other methods. Certainly a good many white supremacists like to claim or intimate or affiliate themselves and their deeds with Christian groups, though it could be argued that those aren't primarily Christian motivations.

But yes, based on the last and very modern 10 years - Modernised 'Christians' do also kill for religious reasons.

Caporegime
Is there a timeline of this kind of thing, with only Islamic motivation? It'd be interesting to see as it certainly feels like this is becoming a more common occurrence but it could well be a complete misconception.

You do have to wonder at what point the west is going to get fed up. I'll be honest, I've avoided tarring these people with the same brush but it's getting harder and harder when every time it's people with common denominators, now beheading someone in front of the public at one of the west's largest religious institutions.

At some point something's gotta give and I think we're inching closer to it tbh.

It's findable online, we're actually in a bit of a decline at the minute, peak was around 2010 I think.

Also if people like you are starting to question it...it's patently obvious there's a problem as you're quite a tolerant chap. Sometimes. :D

Caporegime
Who mentioned serial killers :confused:
People who enjoy killing do so in secret and hide the bodies, what on earth are you taking about? So those who do public beheadings don't enjoy it? Ok, you clearly have a source for that claim please do share.

Please share your source that they are doing it because they enjoy it instead of religious motives. I mentioned serial killers because they are proven to kill because they enjoy it.

Excuse me? Left? When have you ever seen me post my political stance? :rolleyes:

The left are always the ones excusing religious extremists as not doing it for Islam, people on the right tend to be pretty militant in attacking them.

Soldato
Please share your source that they are doing it because they enjoy it instead of religious motives. I mentioned serial killers because they are proven to kill because they enjoy it.

The left are always the ones excusing religious extremists as not doing it for Islam, people on the right tend to be pretty militant in attacking them.

The far right are the ones murdering people. It was a far right extremist that decided they would murder people in France...

Caporegime
The far right are the ones murdering people. It was a far right extremist that decided they would murder people in France...

Please don't attempt to derail the thread, this is about an Islamic terror attack. Make your own thread if you want to talk about far right terror attacks...

Soldato
Ideologies typically ‘other’ people who don’t believe in them, and as history has shown over and over again whether it’s religious, political (the new religion of the West), some quack cult, gangs, or support of a sporting team, it doesn’t take much of this dehumanisation to be taught before believers are able to carry out violence against non-believers. Obviously with some the level of violence, kudos or potential reward for it - like getting 5 star care in their particular afterlife - is far greater, but it all boils down to the same thing.

It’s how in Christopher Brownings ‘Ordinary Men’ a battalion of middle-aged working class Germans who weren’t fanatical Nazis went from being a reserve policeman unfit for military service in the war just twiddling their thumbs in their town, to a ruthless execution squat willing and often eager to shoot pregnant women in the head and whose body count ended up in the tens of thousands.

Easy to think that people willing to do stuff like this are cartoon villains out of a movie who are purely evil, but in their heads they seriously believe what they’re doing is justified and they’re in the right. The human mind is amazingly easy prey for these viruses of the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom