** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES (3090 / 3080 / 3070) NOW ONLINE AT OcUK **

Associate
If I preorder a 3070 is it easy to cancel if I change my mind? Want to be sure its here before Christmas and missed the earlier rush.

Associate
u do realise there are like 10000 ppl trying to call ocuk right as a new gpu launches, right..?
banks dont decline cos ocuk is dodgy, they decline to prevent fraudulent purchases on your card. you have to contact your bank to sort this out, nothing to do with ocuk.
Well, You dont seem to understand I had authorized the transaction with my bank, but Overclockers have no system in place to Cancel an order/change payment info. SO they had declined my order but left the order on the system so I couldnt actually purchase a card (As they also only allowed one purchase per person,). Instead I had to spend 40 mins waiting on the phone to just try and get them to cancel so that I could make another purchase. And now im like 250th in the queue according to the guy on the phone.

Associate
Well, You dont seem to understand I had authorized the transaction with my bank, but Overclockers have no system in place to Cancel an order/change payment info. SO they had declined my order but left the order on the system so I couldnt actually purchase a card (As they also only allowed one purchase per person,). Instead I had to spend 40 mins waiting on the phone to just try and get them to cancel so that I could make another purchase. And now im like 250th in the queue according to the guy on the phone.
Why not get them to re-process the card on the phone? That way you'd keep your queue position?

Associate
yea I know who you mean. Thanks! Their system is crap though as there is no pre order or notification as to when they get stock in.
Agreed, I had a FE 3090 in my cart, entered all my cc details, even to the point of the bank texting me the security number and I though it had gone through but no, there was no card and the system just threw me out. Very bad system.

Associate
I can imagine your disappointment .. :(
That competitor is the only UK supplier selling FE, had a 3070 in the cart, went to checkout it went to an anti bot capcha involving buses, then once through that churned for 5 minutes then came up Out Of Stock. Looking at what might happen with Big Red and any Nvidia response, might be better to wait.

Associate
That competitor is the only UK supplier selling FE, had a 3070 in the cart, went to checkout it went to an anti bot capcha involving buses, then once through that churned for 5 minutes then came up Out Of Stock. Looking at what might happen with Big Red and any Nvidia response, might be better to wait.
I’m of the opinion if you have it in your cart then you should be given a short amount of time to complete the order. It’s like walking around the supermarket and someone comes along and takes stuff out of your trolly. Bad business practice if you ask me,

Associate
I’m of the opinion if you have it in your cart then you should be given a short amount of time to complete the order. It’s like walking around the supermarket and someone comes along and takes stuff out of your trolly. Bad business practice if you ask me,
yes agreed probably I was in some sort of queue, as it took 5 minutes to return me to the page, an Out of stock notice and an empty cart, didn't even get to give payment details well gives me a chance to get cash together to buy what I need in one go. Just hope OCUK have adequate stock of Ryzen 5000 at launch, that will be of more benefit to me until I get a wqhd monitor, then I will need a 3070 or 3080, or the AMD 6800 XT.

Associate
I think EVGA is doing this very good in US... they have a queue system you sign up .. when gpu is available you receive a link that allows you to buy it.. you have 8h to place your order, if your order is not complete within 8 hours, the product is released back into queue system.

Back
Top Bottom