• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Just watched an interview with a Bluepoint dev talking about the controller and how they've really tried to make the feedback as cool as they can. Metal on metal, shield bashes or when something really big clobbers you, you're really going to feel it.

Soldato
Quite late to the party but I presume there’s no way to preorder anymore apart from paying these jokers on eBay £200?

Are we likely to see huge delays in buying from in store?

Soldato
There's no reason for them to even be stacked like that, PS consoles usually come in carton boxes for shipping containing a few consoles each. They don't usually arrive loose from the manufacturer/supplier.

Caporegime
Damn, they make the DualSense sound like the best thing since sliced bread. I'm beginning to think that the controller may usurp the Xbox One controller as the best one ever made... can't wait to get my hands on it.

What a gen it should turn out to be with the SSD as well.

Soldato
Damn, they make the DualSense sound like the best thing since sliced bread. I'm beginning to think that the controller may usurp the Xbox One controller as the best one ever made... can't wait to get my hands on it.

I was thinking about this earlier, nothing has really changed in controller tech since the start, same old rumble features. I'm glad Sony have decided to invest some time into the one thing you always hold when playing.

Man of Honour

I’m surprised Microsoft haven’t added similar. I’m sure they’ll be thinking about it now. While I have always preferred the feel of the Xbox controller, the PS5 controller certainly has some neat features.

Man of Honour
I’m surprised Microsoft haven’t added similar. I’m sure they’ll be thinking about it now. While I have always preferred the feel of the Xbox controller, the PS5 controller certainly has some neat features.

They’ve kept it the same for forwards and backwards compatibility. It’s really annoying that Microsoft don’t have motion controls for FPS games, as it’s horrible to play Overwatch and doom without them.

Chance to charge £300 for a new Elite Controller!

Your inner fan girl is showing.

Soldato
They’ve kept it the same for forwards and backwards compatibility. It’s really annoying that Microsoft don’t have motion controls for FPS games, as it’s horrible to play Overwatch and doom without them.

Like you say I guess it's to maintain cross-gen, multiplatform compatibility but it's shocking how dated the MS Xbox controller looks compared to the Dualsense IMO.

Really disappointed Microsoft didn't make more of an effort with their controller design. I know I'll sound like a fan boy but that's the issue i have with series X. In Microsoft's rush to go all in on backwards compatibility and cross gen gaming they're beginning to look like they're not actually going to have any "next-gen" features or games!

Much prefer Sony's approach of making a relatively clean break between the PS4 and PS5 generations.

Last edited:
Associate
If the PS5 controller had the stick layout the same as the Xbox controller it'd be the perfect controller me thinks. Saying that, just put the dualsense internals in the Xbox controller and you have perfection? Once you go Xbox controller going back to dualshock is a shocking downgrade.

Soldato
If the PS5 controller had the stick layout the same as the Xbox controller it'd be the perfect controller me thinks. Saying that, just put the dualsense internals in the Xbox controller and you have perfection? Once you go Xbox controller going back to dualshock is a shocking downgrade.

I've never understood the preference myself - The DS4 has been my favourite controller ever.

Back
Top Bottom