Car got recalled

Soldato
So my Seat Leon got recalled (2014) for what could be serious should it of ever failed.

https://car-recalls.eu/recall/seat-...come,in 2014 and 2015. Seat Recall code: 15H1

Some info on it there, anyway it went back yesterday for the work, I went to pick it up at the allocated time, told be a few minutes...30 minutes passes am then told something is wrong.

Since they did the work engine light has come on but they don't know why.

Positive side I got given a courtesy car from them so that's good, however I'm now also worrying about what they could have got wrong? I'll hopefully find out more today.

Anyway I've not had this experience before (only been driving few years) is there anything you think I should be asking in perticular or proof of anything?

I've already asked for proof of the works as in 2 years I'll be getting rid of the car anyway

Soldato
When GT86/BRZs were recalled for engine work, a few early ones went wrong after they were put back together wrongly. They all got brand new engines and is what should be expected tbh

Soldato
My aygo had recall for rear window hinges. Even though i did a bodge repair myself with tigerseal so the windows dont fall out toyota ended replacing both rear windows.

Soldato
OP
Cool story bro... They break it, they give you a courtesy car until it mended, what's the problem?
There isn't a problem, I'm asking if there is any questions I should really be asking besides getting proof works for when I come to sell it on

Soldato
OP
Proof of works??
It will be noted on its history the work was done and you will probably get a receipt. What else are you expecting.
I think your miss understanding, I'm not expecting anything besides what I have already told you I asked and what they did!

I'm simply asking that is there any questions I should be asking I haven't thought about?

Soldato
I would ask if they are going to warranty their work for a period of time. So if you give them a perfectly working car, they do the recall work, and then it breaks down as a result of something engine related (or starts leaking, as seems relevant for the description of that recall), will you have any recourse to them.

Soldato
OP
I would ask if they are going to warranty their work for a period of time. So if you give them a perfectly working car, they do the recall work, and then it breaks down as a result of something engine related (or starts leaking, as seems relevant for the description of that recall), will you have any recourse to them.
Thanks, I did check that with them as just picked it up, advised the engine light came one once work was done in relation to timings.

They will also cover the parts replaced for 12 months, I asked if it failed in same way as what recall described I'd it covered which confirmed it was :)

I did also learn I dont lIke vauxhall cross land x, that was the courtesy car I got given, I shall not be buying one of them ever ha

Back
Top Bottom