No Man's Sky - Procedural space game

Associate
My PS4 stated that it had downloaded version 3.0 yesterday, so I assume that's the big overhaul everyone's talking about.

I loaded my save up and just spent five minutes looking around my base planet and getting the next "main quest" bit off my Base Unit or whatever it's called. Apparently that's 98% done, so I guess that means I will soon have all the "story" for that part of the game.

It's been a few weeks since I played it, and before that it was about three years, so I have to confess I'm not sure whether I saw any changes or not last night.

I'll pop it back on in a minute and have a splash around to see what I notice.

I remain grateful that the developers have maintained such an interest in their game - it's a good one and I have always enjoyed it.

Associate
It's amazing what they have done over the years, however! this update seems to just pretty the game up a lot (which is awesome sure) but after 15mins kinda had my fill again :(
As above, I think they should just work on (they probably are) NMS2 or something which is much more MMO orientated.
Least this time round the consoles won't hold it back.

For someone that has never played NMS before, then wow, what a time to jump in.

Soldato
I need the Sub fuel recipe. Trouble is, everytime I access one of the secret facilities to trigger it, the game crashes. Have disabled all mods and it still happens.

Got some base related questlines that will not progress, Googling reveals its a common problem.

Otherwise, some changes to my base location but not anything drastic. Loads more creatures around as well now.

Associate
I've had a few more minutes on it. Everything I've built seems to be where I left it on the planet, but the colours of the scenery look different and I was surrounded by unidentified plants and minerals, so I got a few nanites for discovering those :)

Has the shape of the landscape changed? I'm still not sure. Can't quite get my head around what's changed and what hasn't. I'll dip in and out of it over the next few days and no doubt, like YoungBlood has said, reach the point where I get the "seen it all, done it all" feeling again.

It's still a good chillout game, though, along with Fishing Planet and The Golf Club.

Soldato
Not sure if anyone can help here.

I've just started playing and although I do get the odd crash the game, for the most part, runs OK. However, I have a constant issue with sound. Effect sounds seem OK-ish but when background sound plays it cuts out intermittantly or just simply stops.

I use a Asus Xonar D2x card and the drivers are fairly old. Now sure if that might be causing it? The mobo is an ASrock Z370 (something like that anway) which has audio on board. Wondering if I should try taking the card out and running the onboard sound.

Associate
Tried the Uni drivers. Game ran much better but still managed to fall over once.

It's an OK game and I like it more than Subnautica (which I didn't dislike just lost interest) but I'm not sure it will be a long term play for me.
After you've got your bearings, it really helps to have a couple of friends to play with to help it to keep interest as a long game.

Soldato
try tessalation to standard it might smooth it out as had that on steam version but one setting or might have been another too where u gotta put it on standard to fix the stutter.

Yeah turning tesselation to standard and vsync off and volumetric enhanced tho its probs just tess.. thats the issue, has made my game smooth now.

A post I made from a diff no mans sky thread and those fixed it for me.

Associate
Ahh.. After 48 hours playing in Permadeath Survival mode, finding and repairing a C-Class 36 slot ship and suit-full of modules; learning 100 Kovax words; building a sweet little base next to a trading post... I killed myself trying to grenade some of those whispering bugs!!! - A break from the game & try again with new character next week. :)

Soldato
Anyone else still playing this - recent updates have given it a new lease of life for me, nice to see them still making significant changes.

Still no where near completing the thing though!

Last edited:
Soldato
The last update changed my main planets atmosphere/storms etc and so its ruined my plants etc i was growing and also the main mats i needed were on this planet which have also gone.
Ive started over before because of updates and changes to the game which broke saves, im not i can start over again unfortunately.

Soldato
I can't bring myself to come back to this after playing it briefly in VR. It just seems so flat, I get they've done tons to the game over the years but not for me now

Back
Top Bottom