Borderlands 3

Caporegime
Did the same... almost. I bought it yesterday afternoon at £42 and then thought to myself, "Why have you done this when it's still a bit stuttery even at 1080p, you should have waited for the Xbox Series X/PS5 version (which is supposedly 4K60)." But then I started playing again and would say I'll easily get my money's worth out of it before the end of the year. I might even triple dip and buy it on Xbox if I choose not to upgrade my PC.

Caporegime
Problem I have now is way too many legendaries and not enough bank space to store them all! 90-odd items and counting. Are there any must have combos of items that I should keep, like there was in BL2?

Soldato
Problem I have now is way too many legendaries and not enough bank space to store them all! 90-odd items and counting.

Indeed, legendary in BL3 is a mockery really. Nothing legendary about them if the game basically just gives them to you in "events" etc. BL has become dumbed down and casual now, sadly, aimed at keeping people playing with a chance they'll spend more money I suppose.

Soldato
Indeed, legendary in BL3 is a mockery really.
I'm level, er, 17 ish IIRC, and I don't think I've used any of the many legendaries that have dropped for me for more than long enough to test. I know sometimes there are clever ways of using them which aren't immediately obvious, but Borderlands is all about Making Things Get Out Of My Way Quicker, and if a weapon doesn't immediately do that, it's only good for its scrap value.

I do still get the dopamine hit when the big orange star appears though, so the previous games trained me well. However, at this rate orange is soon going to be the colour of disappointment. Maybe it's a subtle political statement by the devs. Or maybe Legendary only comes into play on subsequent, harder, play throughs? Who knows. I've been using a rapid fire L7 pistol I got hours ago and it's still Making Things Go Away very well. I had to double check I didn't have gameplay on Easy.

Caporegime
Yes, it does seem a bit hit and miss. Some of the legendaries are totally awesome, there is one I'm using now (can't remember what it's called but it has something about androids in the red text) and it is obliterating most baddies in one clip. And there are others that are totally useless. But I think this was always the way.

I've managed to sort things out and am now only keeping one legendary weapon per level and it's the one with the highest score, regardless of what it does. Half of them I haven't tried out as I rarely use shotgun/sniper/rocket launcher.

I really love this game, UI and engine though. I went back and had a brief dabble with Borderlands 1 yesterday and boy does that feel ancient and clunky now. Shame they can't remake the first three games with this new BL3 UI/engine.

Soldato
Ok, I owe Borderlands3 an apology. The L7 pistol I'm using is an Extended Nemesis Legendary pistol which has a machine gun mode and a sniper style C mode, and it's been Making Things Go Away Quickly for a long time, despite only doing 32 damage per shot.

I have also just bothered to read up on what Lost Loot is. That almost makes up for not being able to use my pet, Torchlight 2 style, to go sell my junk for me. Or a 'Sell all Junk' button as found on the later Far Cry games... makes being a gaming Steptoe a bit easier.

Associate
Whats the state of this game like now?
going on their forums it seems like a lot of people are having issues with crashes.. and some seem to be specific to mayhem 10 modifiers
not sure if its a small percentage having issues or is it just a broken game?

Soldato
I'm still playing and having fun. A lot depends on your build and play style. Season 2 kicks off in a couple of weeks which brings even more content to the game, just waiting for the season 2 pass to go on sale. Also a new play mode is being introduced, Arms Race, which looks really good. This will be show cased live on the Borderlands show later today.

Soldato
I only just started playing this, well my character is about level 15 I think.

Anyway, I got it from Cdkeys £16 playing it with my brother's, it's okay......

I'd be very butthurt if I'd paid steam full whack price. Honestly I don't think it's anything over any number of similar free to play games out there of similar format.

I'd go as far as to say I think I preferred Warframe, Age of Conan, both free although age of Conan you really do need to spend the few quid to get a horse.

Soldato
Haven't really dived into the 'other' playstyle modes of BL3 yet, but I am having fun with it.

Some of the side characters are pretty good (Lorelai, you coffee hound!) and the gun/shield/mod options are a nice step up from what's in BL2. I got a glorious level 2 legendary shield which i sadly had to relinquish not long ago on a new character, it would spit a bunch of IED's forwards 25% of the time it took damage.... which, was just glorious for a brawler! I mean, who comes up with these ideas? :D

The only thing that really puzzles me.... is... how on god's green earth did it take 7 years to make this? It really is Borderlands 2.5 - they certainly didn't spend long on the main storyline character development, and the engine looks to be pretty much just a tweaked and upgraded version of the previous one. It only took 6 years to go from Half Life, to Half Life 2... and, that was a massive technical leap by comparison.

Caporegime
I only just started playing this, well my character is about level 15 I think.

Anyway, I got it from Cdkeys £16 playing it with my brother's, it's okay......

I'd be very butthurt if I'd paid steam full whack price. Honestly I don't think it's anything over any number of similar free to play games out there of similar format.

I'd go as far as to say I think I preferred Warframe, Age of Conan, both free although age of Conan you really do need to spend the few quid to get a horse.

Are either of these games even looter shooters?

Soldato
Ask a noob question?

I've completed the main story, I'm going back and playing on true vault hunter mode. It completely resets the story which is cool.

Once you've played it back through a second time, can you play it a third, fourth etc?

Back
Top Bottom