Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
I paid £30 back in 2014. It is now £10 more!

The spec on it is way off, 1L in a 7cm pan? lol

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000T5OD9K/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Yeah don't know how they're calculating that.

3.5*3.5*pi*14 = 539cm^3

1000cm^3 is a litre.

edit:
LOL from the image it is clearly not 14cm tall but 7cm tall. Interesting to call the height of a pan it's width from edge of one rim to the end of the handle...

So it'll be 270 cm^3 = 270ml

Soldato
Yeah don't know how they're calculating that.

3.5*3.5*pi*14 = 539cm^3

1000cm^3 is a litre.

edit:
LOL from the image it is clearly not 14cm tall but 7cm tall. Interesting to call the height of a pan it's width from edge of one rim to the end of the handle...

So it'll be 270 cm^3 = 270ml
Most Amazon dimensions are actually the packaging dimensions, I find...

Soldato
Most Amazon dimensions are actually the packaging dimensions, I find...
Indeed - either that, or way off whatever the package or item could possibly be. I can't say I've ever given any validity to them as they're too often so clearly wrong. I go to the manufacturer for the detail.

...height of a pan it's width from edge...

Oftentimes, the 'height' is assigned to the longest dimension rather than actually meaning how tall something is when oriented how you'd expect it to be in use.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Some new lights for the garage

IMG-20201029-134619.jpg

I've got these in the same warm white in the playhouse/shed - they are good. One died within a month but they replaced it no problem - easy to change out with the link cable as well.

Soldato
You know what? Sometimes it's just nice to have something nice. Well made, works properly, made of good materials and feels good to use. Money's only good for buying stuff, so sometimes people are willing to spend more to get a premium product with a premium experience. Nothing wrong with that if that's where you want to spend your money.

This is always quite amusing, isn't it? Some people get really upset at others spending £1,000 on a phone. "It does the same as what my phone does!". Well, it probably does it better and it actually probably does more. You can never really decide if something is 'worth it' for that individual, as we all have different wants and needs... and incomes for that matter.

Having said that, I think there are certain things that are just more expensive for the sake of being more expensive. Gucci belt? :)

Back
Top Bottom