Pic: Your desk...RIGHT NOW

Jealous of the amount of monitors you have there.. :D

P.S What is that old beige looking PC case on the floor? Did you mod the case for the two side fans or did the case come like it?

It's an old classic, the Coolermaster Wavemaster, I modded the fans on the side for GPU cooling back in the day, I plan to resurrect the case in the future, want to spray it stormtrooper white and whack a low powered AMD chip and board in it.

Soldato
Cool!! :D The only case I ever modded was an akasa eclipse (I put a 120mm fan on the side). Unfortunately I hated that case and clearly remember dropping it in my blue recycling bin :O to be fair my Antec P182 is pretty old, so old I can't find where I bought it from!

Soldato
Yeah, I made it myself... took two full size sheets of 18mm MDF to make the top.
The sticking out part was intended for building pc's or generally working on stuff as you can get to both sides of it... plus its just really nice to have desk all around you.

there is 5 other units I made as well, corner stand plus 2 storage units which support the top plus a standalone one with the mesh you can usee which has my router etc in it and there is a cube storage unit you cant see for all my pc gubbins.

CGWzac0.jpg

Another one who is still using the HiperX box to store **** in. Handy little boxes those.

Cool!! :D The only case I ever modded was an akasa eclipse (I put a 120mm fan on the side). Unfortunately I hated that case and clearly remember dropping it in my blue recycling bin :O to be fair my Antec P182 is pretty old, so old I can't find where I bought it from!

You hated the akasa eclipse (62)! I loved that case, it had a massive following on here back in the day, I also had an Antec, the P180 lol, had that for many years, that thing was a heavy beast with a system in it, finally upgraded to a Factal Design Define R5, nice simple quiet box.

Soldato
You hated the akasa eclipse (62)! I loved that case, it had a massive following on here back in the day, I also had an Antec, the P180 lol, had that for many years, that thing was a heavy beast with a system in it, finally upgraded to a Factal Design Define R5, nice simple quiet box.

Yup. I had about 4-5 hard drives by then and it vibrated the hell out the case. I think I eventually bought some special rubber mounted drive bays that went in the 5.25" bays. I remember air flow being poor too (hence the mod)! I bought it because of how highly it was regarded on here.

I quite like the fractal design cases, very sleek. I bought my wife a mini arc which I still have in the loft with her old PC in it (she gave up gaming :( ).

Soldato
Desk has changed a lot recently as well. I've decided to go quite minimalist and just use a laptop. Currently using my work laptop until September then I will likely get a Macbook Pro. Painted the back wall and plan to add a frame in the centre of the wall.

Desperately need an office chair but haven't decided on which one yet.

DSCF8849.jpg

what lamp is that?

Soldato
Love it. Had to wait ages for it because of COVID. The feature I love most is the easy switching. I often have to switch between my work and personal laptop and it’s instant.

It’s also really hefty and solidly made. The key action is great.
Mines been pretty bad thinking of sending it back. The back light sensor is busted because of bad programming discovered by a member in the community forums. Also random disconnects etc. Logitech support has also taken a massive dive.

Soldato
Mines been pretty bad thinking of sending it back. The back light sensor is busted because of bad programming discovered by a member in the community forums. Also random disconnects etc. Logitech support has also taken a massive dive.

Now I don't want them to bother making a TKL version, so I never consider it!

Quite satisfied on my magic keyboard for now I think.

Soldato
The desk is 62cm deep. The cabinet/cupboard is approximately 35cm deep. Hope that helps.

Any reason you didn't get chairs with adjustable armrests? Seems like it would be a pain to get proper elbow height unless you both were just the exact right height.

I recently switched back to a non-adjustable armrest chair and I'm getting signs of ulnar entrapment, but I can't scoot the chair high or close enough because of the arm rests colliding with the edge of the desk.

Associate
Any reason you didn't get chairs with adjustable armrests? Seems like it would be a pain to get proper elbow height unless you both were just the exact right height.

I recently switched back to a non-adjustable armrest chair and I'm getting signs of ulnar entrapment, but I can't scoot the chair high or close enough because of the arm rests colliding with the edge of the desk.

Definitely a case of form over function in this case if I'm honest. However, the chairs are proving to be remarkably fine for working from home and I'm having less issues than with my office chair. Will likely look into something more adjustable in the future as it looks like I'll be working from home a great deal more in the future.

Soldato
Recently moved house and finally got all the bits needed for gf's desk so we don't have to both use mine. Still work in progress, I should be getting work laptop to replace one of the desktops.
His
jfDVdPR.jpg
and hers
BFL2O8M.jpg

Back
Top Bottom