What would cause this?

Associate
So this morning i turned the monitor on and the same thing happens again i did take a screenshot of it but the artifacts not showing up in the screenshot. This dam monitor is just over 6 months old so i don't know if where i bought it from will replace it now or will i have to go through the whole process of contacting MSI and shipping it to them. I can see bit of a nightmare ahead with this :(

I will try my fire stick in it as a last resort and see what happens, but it only does this after the monitor has been off for a prolonged time.
Try firestick first. If that still shows it is the monitor.

Then back to supplier. If supplier not wanting to help then it's MSI

Associate
OP
Turned the monitor on this morning and got the artifacts on the MSI boot screen, but not on the firestick screen o.O

Wouldnt have anything to do with AMD Freesync would it ?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Could be, but it seems we've established that it isnt the monitor itself.

It is likely the graphics card drivers, or the graphics card itself. Or the cable/connector on the screen or graphics card.

Associate
OP
Could be, but it seems we've established that it isnt the monitor itself.

It is likely the graphics card drivers, or the graphics card itself. Or the cable/connector on the screen or graphics card.

Cant be the GPU i disconnected the HDMI lead going to the computer last night so only thing connected is the fire stick

Associate
I used to get similar "interlaced" lines on my previous Dell u2515h from time to time ,,, but that was easily solved by switching the monitor on and off ..
I later replace my DP cable and it was sorted..
in your case if its happening with the firestick as well as your pc I would point towards the monitor

Associate
OP
It's the monitor - RMA it. How long have you had it? If you run any issues with the return, Which has a good summary of your rights.

I phoned the place i purchased it from they said to contact MSI and ask them what to do, tried phoning to speak to someone but it all seems automated and no one to speak to so i opened a ticket on the website. The monitor is only 6 months old, i would have thought the place i bought it from would deal with it given how long iv had it, but seems not?

I hope it gets resolved soon, can't do without a monitor, but thanks everyone for all your help and advice, i appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom