• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
I was going to get Fenyx Rising Immortals or whatever that new Ubi game is on XSX but as it has DualSense support on PS5, I might plump for that version. There should be some good feels in that game.

Soldato
I was going to get Fenyx Rising Immortals or whatever that new Ubi game is on XSX but as it has DualSense support on PS5, I might plump for that version. There should be some good feels in that game.

I'm quite surprised actually, I thought that game looks generic as hell. I can see that title dropping price quicker than most.

Soldato
Did you try the demo on Stadia? I wasn't expecting much but I thought it was fantastic.

No Stadia doesn't work with my connection so I have no way of trying it. I'd be happy to try if there was a demo but that's unlikely these days. It's just got that colour pallet I hate like on BoTW.

Soldato
The haptics use voice coil actuators, and the triggers (if the patent was correct) use a worm gear connected to a motor (probably another voice coil actuator) so I'd think they're pretty reliable seeing as the same thing is used in speakers.

Soldato
There does seem like there's quite a bit of force there. I'm not concerned though. I'll probably break it throwing across the room playing Demon's Souls. Bloodborne broke my first DS4.

Soldato
I see the DF guy said the Series X is "way more quiet" than PS5 or he was meaning quieter than the one X the quote was a bit weird.

"Can’t talk PS5 heat/noise yet but I will say that the Series X is way more quiet.."

\- John Linneman

Soldato
I see the DF guy said the Series X is "way more quiet" than PS5 or he was meaning quieter than the one X the quote was a bit weird.
I'm not sure how this is confusing... buy you may have missed the crucial part of the tweet :p

Can’t talk PS5 heat/noise yet but I will say that the Series X is way more quiet than the One X (even though One X isn’t that loud). It’s basically silent.

If he said the SX is way more quiet than the PS5, then he would indirectly be talking about PS5 heat/noise. Which he can't ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not sure how this is confusing... buy you may have missed the crucial part of the tweet :p

If he said the SX is way more quiet than the PS5, then he would indirectly be talking about PS5 heat/noise. Which he can't ;)

I didn't see the tweet, that was all that was quoted on Reddit so I assumed that was the from an article, thanks for clearing it up

Associate
Quiet doesn't necessarily mean cool though... but I would say due to the depth of the Xbox fan being one of those really chunky fans it probably does run quieter and shift a fair bit of air.

Either way the TV is always louder or I'm using a headset so noise is a non-issue.

Last edited:
Soldato
It'll certainly be quieter than my 7 year old OG PS4. As above, I only play with headphones on anyway.

After watching the DF dual-unboxing, I think I am going to have to have the PS5 vertical. They are both clearly designed to be stood up and they both look a bit awkward horizontally.

Associate
That's some crazy sound levels if your headset drowns out everything. I know I can hear a lot of things around me when wearing headphones.

I have the volume up yes, they aren't noise cancelling but I for instance could here the other half ask me a question. I don't have an issue with fan noise I sit and game on the couch, probably 10ft from my TV / PS4 which is actually very quiet anyway.

Back
Top Bottom