• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD RX6000 vs Nvidia Ampere performance benchmarks (from AMD's website and compiled by Redditor)

Caporegime
EDIT 31.10.2020 - A big collection of benchmarks are listed here too https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-dis...900xt-rx-6800xt-and-rx-6800-gaming-benchmarks

--------------

Thought this was worth a separate thread so it didn't get lost in the Navi and Ampere ones. Some guy on Reddit has compiled a list of all AMD RX6000 performance data apparently tested by AMD and including Nvidia cards: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/jkq11y/rx6000_series_performance_analysis_official_data/

Conclusion (taken from Reddit):

At 2K, 6900 XT is about 7% faster than 3090, 6800 XT is slightly faster than 3090 (1.5%), 6800 XT is about 10% faster than 3080, 6800 is close to 3080 (5% slower), faster than 2080ti and 3070 about 20%.

At 4K, 6900 XT is about 3% faster compared to 3090, which we can say they are on par with each other. 6800 XT is about 5% slower than 3090, 6800 XT is about 5% faster than 3080, 6800 is about 15% faster than 2080 Ti and 3070.

All data from AMD official web, there is the possibility of AMD selection of their preferred games, but it is real data.

My conclusion is that 6800 XT probably close to 3090, and 6800 is aimed at 3070ti/super. By the way, all the above tests have enabled AMD's smart access memory, but the rage mode has not been mentioned.

ml6ole47m5w51.png

1kwu58o4n5w51.png
7dhh9tgkn5w51.png

Very interesting performance data an I'm looking forward to seeing review benches and minimum framerates , especially when combined with a 5900x. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
If these numbers are correct I am genuinely curious how Nvidia are going to answer, I doubt releasing the rumoured 3070 Ti and 3080 Ti is going to be enough unless they do substantial price drops.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Now we have the wait for the real side by side comparison in non-synthetic benchmarks.
Frankly, I don't care who wins, all I'd like is for some competition to push down prices from both manufacturers.

Caporegime
OP
Great find thanks for the share, and agree with some OC on the 6800 you got a winner (outside of RT).
I think I will grab a 6800XT given the (relatively) low price increase.

If these numbers are correct I am genuinely curious how Nvidia are going to answer, I doubt releasing the rumoured 3070 Ti and 3080 Ti is going to be enough unless they do substantial price drops.

Yeah, I think pricing will be a problem for Nvidia and I doubt they can lower it too much due to the high costs of the cards to manufacture.

Now we have the wait for the real side by side comparison in non-synthetic benchmarks.
Frankly, I don't care who wins, all I'd like is for some competition to push down prices from both manufacturers.
Indeed, this kind of competition (finally) is all good for the consumer.

Soldato
At last, competition! though I'm going to get a 6800XT regardless of wether one is marginally better than the other providing the price gouging isn't too bad and theres no glaring problems with the AMD offering, (R/T doesn't count for anything for me atm, (you don't miss what you've never had as it were). I'm used to the software and amd cards in general.

Associate
Competition at last, well done AMD.
... and i dont see a problem with these running with the features of Zen3 ect.... its about time AMD released something that actually took advantage of there cpu/board and video card ownership.

Man of Honour
Have to wonder what difference using a full Ryzen platform gives. At 1440p they have the 6800XT beating the 3090.

More efficient pipeline is possible so that the shaders remain utilised at lower resolutions. The radeon at this early stage looks to scale down better than 3000 series. Early days mind so reviews should be interesting.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

I would like to join in on the back slaps moment, buy you are forgetting the miles of queues for the 3080's and ongoing purchases of people buying prebuilds or future custom DIY's. This at most I think will make an inroad dent of about 5% this gen in the mindshare. If AMD keep a consistent driver release and bang the drum long enough, I can see a much bigger impact coming for the refresh and people buying into the smart tech where they build a full AMD rig to get the benefits.

Caporegime
OP
If raytracing was the same performance as Ampere then I'd jump ship to 5900x and 6900 XT. But when Nvidia has DLSS it's hard too right now
DLSS, as neat as it is, isn't really a huge factor right now (despite Nvidia marketing wanting you to believe otherwise) on cards with 3080-level performance and above as they can anyway run 4k at decent frames. DLSS is only really significant for lower cards that need the performance boost like 3070 and especially lower.

by the time DLSS matters on a 3080-or-above class cards, AMD will have their own solution that we know they are working to bring to market.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom